Solution
Yes, it is a fantastic game. The multiplayer is just amazing. The maps are huge, but not empty (and also not too packed). You will not get a better game for $50

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Yes, it is a fantastic game. The multiplayer is just amazing. The maps are huge, but not empty (and also not too packed). You will not get a better game for $50

Solution

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Yea, EA keeps taking the servers down. But when they are up everything is good. and a patch wont fix this, Miccx, because it isnt a problem with the game, its just their servers. Im not saying that a patch isnt needed, but that wont be what fixes the servers. EA I am sure has been slaving over getting everything stabilized. Its a bit shaky right now though.

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
what ever happened to this JDV28 (quote) EDIT: I OFFICIALY VOTE THAT THIS GAME SUCKS. UNTIL EA CAN GET THEIR S**T STRAIGHT, IM DONE. This is seriously PATHETIC of a company like this to screw up a game that was anticipated so greatly.(un-quote)

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
UGH that was when EA just like totally stopped the game. I cant stand not being able to play. The actual game is great, i never denied that, its just that EA made it unplayable.
anyways, I am very glad that i could help you.

Micccx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, but a lot of minor things need to be fixed in the patch, such as crouch toggle, run toggle (I hate holding them down), as well as they need to develop a prone position... But other than that I am happy with the game, the lag isn't terrible, and I love the destructable environments! :D

Kochevnik

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
It's a great game when it plays, but lots of people are still having serious issues with the game crashing with no fix in site (this is aside from the server connection issues). Read the EA forums for more information. Might be worth waiting to see what shakes out before making the investment, because right now I've got a $50 investment in a game that won't make it through 15 minutes of multiplayer gameplay without a hard lockup, even after burning my entire i7 920/Radeon 5770 system to the ground and building it back up again piece by piece. And yes, I'm slightly bitter, because those 10 - 15 minutes of gameplay are awesome, but nervously waiting for the minute it will lock up my system sort of ruins the experience for me :p

tarquinbiscuitbarrel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
it's a very good game, especially the team orientated gameplay. a unique experience and you can't afford to miss it, unlike MW2 which is just a drag queen version of counterstrike.

bad company 2 does suffer from sluggish netcode. you really get the impression that this is unavoidable due to the sheer scale of the battle, however the frustratingly unresponsive server browser is unforgivable (all battlefield games are suffer these problems).

the rubbish server browser actually caused me to quit battlefield 2. try to do anything, for example scroll down the list, and occasionally the whole thing will freeze for 30 sec or more - by which time you're thinking "f this, i wanna play TF2".

as far as multiplayer FPS games go, team fortress 2 is unbeatable imo. looks absolutely beautiful and clear and really hilarious to play. no lag, perfect netcode, excellent balance and gameplay. it's an absolute steal at anything less than $50.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
@ tarquinbiscuitbarrel, In response to your comment on the server browser, I never use that because of those problems, Play Now works great, i get the game mode and the map that i love, thats all i need.

TRENDING THREADS