AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (Barton)
Leadtek K7NCR18X Motherboard
Western Digital 80GB Special Edition
256mb Samsung PC-2700
Radeon 8500LE 128
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum
Sony 16x DVD-ROM
Ricoh RW7200A CD-RW

I've been having a major problem lately in regards to my motherboard. I got a new harddrive a couple weeks ago and completely redid my system. Everything was going fine until I tried to rip some MP3s and found that the ATAPI drivers weren't allowing the correct transfer needed to do so. The same thing happens when I try to burn a cd.
I thought the logical thing to do was to update my chipset so I go to nvidia's website and download the new unified platform drivers. I open them up to install them and, surprise! The installation crashes after loading! I thought maybe there was an error in transfer so I tried downloading it from leadtek, same problem! What the hell is keeping me from fixing this problem?!

metatrophia

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2004
im going out on a limb here to offer suggestions (since no one else has piped up yet)...but you may want to investigate whether a bios update is available for your board. if there is, i would try upgrading bios, then upgrading your atapi drivers.
otherwise, i know that your board has issues with sata devices...but i doubt that you have sata connections.

Gigabyte 7VRXP mobo; AMD Athlon 1400+; 512 MB PC-133 memory; Radeon 8500 64 MB; Lite-on CD-RW 32x12x40; LG DVD-ROM; TB Santa Cruz; Videomate Gold+ TV Tuner; NEC FE700+ monitor