Sign in with
Your question

This is why DRM Sucks

Last response: in Video Games
March 8, 2010 12:49:10 AM

I wonder if we'll be seeing the first class action lawsuit attacking a company that has failed to provide through the cloud? I mean, let's say Steam's servers stayed down for a lengthy time; could we expect buyers to bunch together and sue, regardless of what the user agreement says?
Anonymous
March 8, 2010 11:52:15 AM

Epic FAIL ubisoft!!!!
Related resources
March 8, 2010 1:30:22 PM

Ubi is just avoiding inevitable.Pirates are gonna crack the game,sooner or later.And then honest gamers are gonna download crack just to play game.
March 8, 2010 2:20:00 PM

So no DX10, no DX10.1, no DX11 and now no server connection so what is it about this game that I should find so appealing that I shell out my hard earned for it?
March 8, 2010 3:43:10 PM

^^ DX isn't that big a deal; the game is gourgeous (even on consoles). The DRM is a killer though...

Now can we PLEASE stop all the "cloud computing" nonsense?
March 8, 2010 7:44:15 PM

r_manic said:
I wonder if we'll be seeing the first class action lawsuit attacking a company that has failed to provide through the cloud? I mean, let's say Steam's servers stayed down for a lengthy time; could we expect buyers to bunch together and sue, regardless of what the user agreement says?

Sue-happy people bother me. Why would people spend thousands of dollars in law expenses, because they couldnt play a game for a few days!? Its not like these are $400 things here, man. Its 50 bucks. I would like to see some losers try to sue then have a big company squash them like bugs in a law suit.
March 8, 2010 9:13:24 PM

Was always going to happen, and since their is no offline mode their is no back up to the service going down. I don't see why they don't release a weekly update that makes pirated games crash at random points. Whilst the pirates would find a way around it once, having to do so on a weekly basis would be probably piss most off from bothering.
March 9, 2010 1:44:56 AM

JDV28 said:
Sue-happy people bother me. Why would people spend thousands of dollars in law expenses, because they couldnt play a game for a few days!? Its not like these are $400 things here, man. Its 50 bucks. I would like to see some losers try to sue then have a big company squash them like bugs in a law suit.

When you purchase the game from these people they are supposed to provide the on-line service for it as I assume they don't let the individuals who buy the game to also serve. Breach of contract.......? If I spend $50 on something I expect to get my money's worth. What the consumer needs is more protection seeing how you can't return an opened game.... even if it can't be used.
!