This is why DRM Sucks

Feel sorry for all those who bough Assasins Creed 2 for the PC.

From Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/07/ubisoft-drm-authentification-server-is-down-assassins-creed-2/
8 answers Last reply
More about this sucks
  1. I wonder if we'll be seeing the first class action lawsuit attacking a company that has failed to provide through the cloud? I mean, let's say Steam's servers stayed down for a lengthy time; could we expect buyers to bunch together and sue, regardless of what the user agreement says?
  2. Epic FAIL ubisoft!!!!
  3. Ubi is just avoiding inevitable.Pirates are gonna crack the game,sooner or later.And then honest gamers are gonna download crack just to play game.
  4. So no DX10, no DX10.1, no DX11 and now no server connection so what is it about this game that I should find so appealing that I shell out my hard earned for it?
  5. ^^ DX isn't that big a deal; the game is gourgeous (even on consoles). The DRM is a killer though...

Now can we PLEASE stop all the "cloud computing" nonsense?
  6. r_manic said:
    I wonder if we'll be seeing the first class action lawsuit attacking a company that has failed to provide through the cloud? I mean, let's say Steam's servers stayed down for a lengthy time; could we expect buyers to bunch together and sue, regardless of what the user agreement says?

Sue-happy people bother me. Why would people spend thousands of dollars in law expenses, because they couldnt play a game for a few days!? Its not like these are $400 things here, man. Its 50 bucks. I would like to see some losers try to sue then have a big company squash them like bugs in a law suit.
  7. Was always going to happen, and since their is no offline mode their is no back up to the service going down. I don't see why they don't release a weekly update that makes pirated games crash at random points. Whilst the pirates would find a way around it once, having to do so on a weekly basis would be probably piss most off from bothering.
  8. JDV28 said:
    Sue-happy people bother me. Why would people spend thousands of dollars in law expenses, because they couldnt play a game for a few days!? Its not like these are $400 things here, man. Its 50 bucks. I would like to see some losers try to sue then have a big company squash them like bugs in a law suit.

When you purchase the game from these people they are supposed to provide the on-line service for it as I assume they don't let the individuals who buy the game to also serve. Breach of contract.......? If I spend $50 on something I expect to get my money's worth. What the consumer needs is more protection seeing how you can't return an opened game.... even if it can't be used.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming DRM Video Games