Netgear MR814v2 same as MR814NA ??

Greetings ,
Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
this correct ?
What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
impact ?

thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about netgear mr814v2 mr814na

    I cannot say for certain, but I have seen this kind of nomenclature on other
    Netgear products. Generally, I think NA means North America.

    Jeff

    Mike wrote:
    > Greetings ,
    > Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
    > out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
    > this correct ?
    > What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
    > impact ?
    >
    > thanks,

    No, they are not the same. Actually, v1 (NA) and v2 are two completely
    different products as far as hardware goes. v1 has a little more power
    (due to the higher gain antenna) but v2 is more sensitive (non-removable
    antenna). Also v2 is much smaller has SPI firewall and is more likely
    receive firmware updates and bug fixes. I had them both before I tossed
    them for Zyxel B-2000 v2 :)

    Lac

    peee-ewww

    "lac" <reply@to.news> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    > > Greetings ,
    > > Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
    > > out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
    > > this correct ?
    > > What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
    > > impact ?
    > >
    > > thanks,
    >
    > No, they are not the same. Actually, v1 (NA) and v2 are two completely
    > different products as far as hardware goes. v1 has a little more power
    > (due to the higher gain antenna) but v2 is more sensitive (non-removable
    > antenna). Also v2 is much smaller has SPI firewall and is more likely
    > receive firmware updates and bug fixes. I had them both before I tossed
    > them for Zyxel B-2000 v2 :)
    >
    > Lac

Wireless Netgear Internet Wireless Networking