Netgear MR814v2 same as MR814NA ??

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
October 1, 2004 5:14:48 AM

Greetings ,
Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
this correct ?
What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
impact ?

thanks,
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 1, 2004 4:53:34 PM

I cannot say for certain, but I have seen this kind of nomenclature on other
Netgear products. Generally, I think NA means North America.

Jeff

"Mike" <mikelarry88@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Greetings ,
> Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
> out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
> this correct ?
> What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
> impact ?
>
> thanks,
October 2, 2004 12:54:37 AM

Mike wrote:
> Greetings ,
> Am looking to order a netgear MR814v2 , and unable to find it
> out at amazon. Recall reading somewhere that v2 is branded as NA. Is
> this correct ?
> What are the differences betweeen v2 and v1 , btw ? Any performance
> impact ?
>
> thanks,

No, they are not the same. Actually, v1 (NA) and v2 are two completely
different products as far as hardware goes. v1 has a little more power
(due to the higher gain antenna) but v2 is more sensitive (non-removable
antenna). Also v2 is much smaller has SPI firewall and is more likely
receive firmware updates and bug fixes. I had them both before I tossed
them for Zyxel B-2000 v2 :)

Lac
Anonymous
a b F Wireless