Motherboard suggestions?

Jimmyvu

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2001
I'm in the process of building my personal dream system that will run anything I throw at it comfortably for at least the next few years. I do a lot of graphics (Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash..etc) and a lot of gaming as well. I've already bought everything for this dream system, and now the last thing I need is a motherboard. I got've a P4 3.2Ghz and I plan to OC it. I also got a pair of Corsair TWINX1024-4400PT DDR550 XMS4400(1GB) so I want the best 875P based MB I can get. I went through "THG Mobo Tsunami 24Boards with the 865/875P Chipset", but I can't seem to decide which MB. I was gonna go with the MSI Neo2-FIS2R or Abit IC7-MAX3, but I hardly ever hear anything about these 2 boards. It seems as though every test conducted on THG was done on the Asus P4C800-E. Must be a very good board, but the last time I went with THG for an Athlon board(Asus A7V266) I got burned. I've already spent $2300 on this system, so another $200 for a MB is no problem. So all you pros out there, I need your suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Which motherboard?
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Abit IC7-MAX3 i875P
MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
DFI LANPARTY PRO875

endyen

Splendid
Go with the Abit board because it benchmarks well ocs great and has Otes, which should help with heat. Other than the otes heat solution, the IS7 is the best board around imho.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anandtech has better motherboard information, Tom's is a good news site. They did a 24-board shootout last summer, IS7 looks hot, makes the others look overpriced. Anandtech also did a review of the P4C800-E and compared it to the older Deluxe.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Snaggle

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
Hardocp has excellent individual mobo reviews;but the best site is<A HREF="http://www.mbreview.com/index.php" target="_new">http://www.mbreview.com/index.php</A>.It gathers together links to reviews making it a great place for mobo research,newegg also is good for researching them.