rezident

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004
I'm Trying to decide on a Motherboard, and I've narrowed it down to the Intel 875p chipset. And either the P4C800 or the P4C800-E And for the life of me I can't figure out what makes the p4c800-e deluxe worth the extra money... Can anybody point out to me the major difference in these to motherboards, and why the "-E" is more?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
-E includes Intel's CSA gigabit lan bus, it also reportedly clocks a bit higher. Andandtech did a full comparison of the -E to the earlier -Deluxe.

IMO NOTHING is worth the price increase compared to the Abit IS7 (which cost under $100 and performs similarly to other top boards). I own the -E and wouldn't buy another one because it's simply not worth the price. You can see my full comments on the board in my P4C800-E deluxe review at Sysopt.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>