Colubris CN3000 & VNC

hello,
I hope someone can help. Our Situation is this:

We have a hotspot controlled by a CN3000 Subscriber gateway.
We want to use VNC internally, and externally.
We have a PC set up with VNC server running on it, on a static IP
address 192.168.0.195
Our modem / router forwards all requests on ports 5800/5900 (TCP & UDP)
to this machine. (IP address 192.168.0.1)
Similarly on the CN3000.(IP address 192.168.1.1)

We cannot connect to the VNC server from either inside the network or
outside.

Please someone help, whilst I still have some hair left.

Regards

Peter Phillips

"Peter Phillips" <pphillips@_SPAMBLOCKER_kinetiqgroup.co.uk> wrote in
message news:415d42a4$0$22752$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> hello,
> I hope someone can help. Our Situation is this:
>
> We have a hotspot controlled by a CN3000 Subscriber gateway.
> We want to use VNC internally, and externally.
> We have a PC set up with VNC server running on it, on a static IP address
> 192.168.0.195
> Our modem / router forwards all requests on ports 5800/5900 (TCP & UDP) to
> this machine. (IP address 192.168.0.1)
> Similarly on the CN3000.(IP address 192.168.1.1)
>
> We cannot connect to the VNC server from either inside the network or
> outside.
>
> Please someone help, whilst I still have some hair left.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Phillips

If you can't access the VNC server (which I gather is on the internal
network) from the internal network, then the problem isn't with the router
or gateway. Are you running a personal firewall on the system that runs VNC
server?

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.