How to reset the BIOS?

weks

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
Well I messed around whit my BIOS (That was a baad idea BTW)and now, I can't boot up at all, can't get back into the CMOS settings screen. No monitor working but the CD-Drives are working and the computer powers up but that is it.
I have a MSI motherboard whit a 1,2 Ghz Celeron and 256MB ram. Now first i tought I had to change the motherboard but then I found out that it is possible to reset the BIOS. Now I read on the internet that if you remove the battery from the motherboard and then turn on the computer the BIOS would be reseted but it had no effect... Please help!

"War is much too serious matter to be entrusted to the military"
- Georges Clemenceau

Get out your M/B manual pull the power from the wall, and follow your M/B's instructions to clear the CMOS, then upon reboot you'll be able to get back in to reset the settings. If you don't have a manual download one from MSI, or pull the CMOS battery for 60sec, that'll do the same thing.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 4ryan6 on 03/01/04 08:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

weks

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
I got to work... I had to move the Jumper and turn the power on before it worked, thx you two.

"War is much too serious matter to be entrusted to the military"
- Georges Clemenceau

TRENDING THREADS