WTB a replacement GPU [US48]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooofla

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hey TH! I'm looking for a upgrade/replacement card on the cheap(christmas, poor student etc).

My Sapphire 4830 recently died(RIP). I'm not sure what the COD was but i believe It was heat related. It was kind of sudden, Never had any issues with it and then it just died playing Trine of all things. It's about 3 years out of warranty, so no go there. My only backup was my old 7800 GT which was A. AGP, and B. also dead. So I RMA'd it (xfx, lifetime warranty yay), and they're giving me the run around, so I'm out of options.

So I'm here asking if anyone has a decent solution they can sell me for ~$100 . I can't spend more unfortunately with Christmas coming up and being a poor college student.

merry bless and god christmas to all

thanks

nanoscale

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 25, 2011

Last time, I RMA'ed the 8800GT, they sent me a GTX 480. You should be patient and wait for your replacement. I doubt they will give you some newer gen. card.

ooofla

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah, issue is that they say it's fine. It died some 4 + years ago, I've tested it numerous times since then and it always BSods and causes major artifacting under load.

They claim its working fine, technician said he replaced everything(memory pads, fan, heatsink, etc). While I have no reason to not believe them really, I still don't believe the card isn't damaged. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.