Help me find something that makes my CPU/GPU melt!!

sneef

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
I have a prett serious system for my work, and i want to play some games that really give the machine a workout.

Spec

i7 920 OC @ 3.8ghz
ASUS P6T SE
12 GB RAM
GTX 275

Running two screens, 30" @ 2560x1600 and 26" running 1920x1200

I just finished Mass Element 2 and it never even got my CPU past ~30%.

What games are out there that are serious CPU killers?

pilotkira

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
wth is Mass Element 2 haha. Try Crysis and F.E.A.R; otherwise you should be able to play everything fairly easily. As for giving your computer a workout, i doubt any game is that intensive right now

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
GTA IV hahahaha, its pathetic, but it will because its a cheap port of the console version. But it will definitely work out your system.
Also, Crysis will give any rig a nice exercise.

sneef

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
hahah yeah sorry i meant mass effect 2, not mass element ROFLMAO

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll get them all and see which one makes my machine hurt the most.

I ran Mass Effect 2 @ 2560x1600 with all settings on high and it never once skipped even a frame.

For anyone who has not played it i recommend it, i never played the first one, but this one was a lot of fun, albeit not very long and on whatever setting i had it on it was not all that hard (suits me i am not a hardcore fragger like some). Though i am sure on harder levels it would have been tough to beat and just as much fun.

arcticking

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009

Mass Effect 2 is not a graphic intensive game. There are newly released games that don't need the top-of-the-line graphics cards, and there are many of these games. A few you could try are Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, GTA IV, etc.. (pretty much any game that you see that has been benchmarked by tomshardware or any benchmarking website)

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
If you wan't to burn the GPU on the throughput and not the speed, then get Oblivion, and install Qarl TP3 (regulaer, not reitemized), the entire "Oblivion make it pretty pack," and open cities at once. I guantee your Vram will get a workout, and if you really want to push it get the LOD replacement, grass without tiling, and... well, I fogot the name but there is a mod that doubles all the texture maps for armor too.

To burn the CPU get either GTA4 or FEAR (neither are partucularly demanding, just poorly coded).

End war will burn a CPU in a big battle.

If you like PM me and I'll send you a list of Oblivion mods. I downloaded a Crysis demo yesterday and my modded Oblivion looks better, shaders and all. Also, to burn CPU with Oblvion get OBSE, and deadly reflex combat mod, maybe eventals dual weilding to augment the visual appeal of sheild bashing your opponent. The gore mod should bog it down too.

Edit* Almost forgot, for more CPU stress get seasonal weather mod. It adds snow in the winter, rain in the summer, and 5-10% CPU use.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Maybe you should ask the guy that owned this server? I'd say he found something that really melted his GPU/CPU!

2361356720045005480S425x425Q85.jpg

arcticking

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009

sounds cool, i'd like what you're having ^_^ my oblivion looks crap.