AI7 with Corsair XMS Pro POST problem

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Just a sanity check here:

I've got 2x512 PC3200C2 TwinX Corsair XMS Pro in an AI7. If I try to run it dual channel (using both sticks) it will POST very intermittently (one out of maybe 5 times). Running it with just one stick will POST every time. I've tried all voltages from 2.55 to 2.8, also tried underclocking the RAM and still have the same problem. I have an Antec True 430 PSU

I tried the same RAM in an NF7 in dual channel mode with a crappy PSU and it POSTS's 100% of the time.

I'm thinking it's time to RMA the board. Agree? Anything else I should try before I send it back?

Thanks in advance.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
you have tried single mode with both sticks and run memtest right? other than that, maybe the sticks arent really seated good enough? stick somthing between the board and the case and press down on the ram (keeping the board from flexing). or it could just be a screwy motherboard

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I'll try memtest on each singly. AFA seating, I've had them in and out a thousand times or so, I think I'd have probably hit on a good seat one of those times ;-)

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
</pre><p>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Final resolution: I got a new AI7, still had the problem. I switched the RAM for OCZ Gold Rev 2, still had the problem. It turned out to be a bad Antec True430. I tried another cheaper Power supply, and the problem disappeared.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
</pre><p>