[SOLVED] Boot From OSX CD Without Apple Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I Recently picked Up A used G5, And All I Got Was The Tower. No keyboard, Mouse, etc... It Also Has no OS on It... All I Have is A Windows Keyboard, And Holding "C" To boot From CD Does not work. Is There Any Way to Get This Thing To boot Without The Apple keyboard?

Solution
if theres no os on the system usually the machine does not need user input to get the install osx disc booting, if its a g5 you need the powerpc based install disc of tiger or standard version of leopard, snow lep and above are intel only and will not work, if all that fails then it could be your optical drive is faulty.

hairystuff

Distinguished
if theres no os on the system usually the machine does not need user input to get the install osx disc booting, if its a g5 you need the powerpc based install disc of tiger or standard version of leopard, snow lep and above are intel only and will not work, if all that fails then it could be your optical drive is faulty.

Solution

dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
After Trying A Few Different Things, I Pulled The HDD, And Put It into my pc. Using Mac Drive i Was Able To Find out That There Was An OS on The Drive, And It Was Corrupt... Got the Drive Formatted, And Now Everything is Running Fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.