Argh! DRM SCREWED ME WITH RIDDICK!

isamuelson

Distinguished
I purchased Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena digitally. After upgrading my motherboard, I decided to try it out and see how well it performed with my new CPU and memory. Low and behold, TAGES kicks in and says I have to activate it. I get my activation key out from the email that I was sent when I purchased it and it comes back saying there's an error and to try manually. So I go through what they say are the manual steps and when I submit it, it comes back saying all my activations have been used and I need to contact support. Well, support for who? Atari or where I purchased it from? From what I can tell, Atari doesn't have voice contact only email support. :heink: At least, that's what the web site stated when I went there to find a support number to call to get my next "3 activations". :sarcastic:

This is just plain crap. I'm honest about my software purchases, but this REALLY ticks me off!

I see on Steam you can get the game, but it says that if you activate it 3 times, Tages will kick in and then you have to wait 30 days or something like that and then you get 3 more activations. Why the heck do you have to that? I thought the game was tied to your account so you can't install it and run it at the same time on several computers. :??:

This crap is getting really stupid. I love PC gaming, but this stuff is what can really turn a lot of people off to PC gaming and it's a damn shame. :fou:

UPDATE: At least it's fixed now as I stated in a later post.

Solution

Yep - having to wait from 10am. to 7Pm. to finally get a game working instead of spending the day playing a game you purchased is kind of wrong !! - Still waiting to see the backlash when one of the major companies winds up going out of business leaving everyone unable to get thier games working any longer !!

isamuelson

Distinguished
Well, Direct2Drive support got it fixed. It's still a pain in the butt, though! I've got to hand it to the Direct2Drive support, though. They were on top of it really fast.

Still, perfect example of the honest user getting hosed.

Yep - having to wait from 10am. to 7Pm. to finally get a game working instead of spending the day playing a game you purchased is kind of wrong !! - Still waiting to see the backlash when one of the major companies winds up going out of business leaving everyone unable to get thier games working any longer !!

Solution