Great Barrington, MA vs. VZW

Anyone know what the progress is on getting VZW coverage
in Great Barrington, MA?

The guy at Radio Shack says that VZW, with the backing of the FCC,
is suing the town because its selectmen (like a city council) is
being obstructionist about letting VZW put in a tower.

Anybody know how it's going?

Previously on alt.cellular.verizon, Schmye Bubbula said:

; Anyone know what the progress is on getting VZW coverage
; in Great Barrington, MA?

That's out Rt 90 near the NY border, isn't it? Coverage all up and
down the Hudson Valley sux at least from Rt 90 to Kingston, NY.

; The guy at Radio Shack says that VZW, with the backing of the FCC,
; is suing the town because its selectmen (like a city council) is
; being obstructionist about letting VZW put in a tower.

Ask the guy for more details. If he knows that much, he should be able
to get the case number and/or progress. Otherwise, I'm tempted to say
he's blowing wind.

; Anybody know how it's going?

Not I, but if true maybe they can follow this up with a similar case
against the town of Sharon, MA.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its
government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain