Trouble Shooting Advice Needed - MB Init

setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
New guy on the block needs help ! Just put together a new system using your ECS's K7VTA3 V6.0 MB. When I powered up the system for the first time it gave me a Beeping sound and does not initialize into the BIOS setup. Beeping sound usually indicates memory problem, so, tried 3 different memory sticks, and even tried disconnecting all but video components, IDEs, HDD,etc,but problems still exist. Could use some suggestions to try and help me solve my mb initialization problem?? ECS site had no trouble shooting suggestions. Here are my system components: Power Supply: 300 Watt, AMD 2400 Thornton CPU, DDR333 PQU-Corp- 256 Memory. Thanks in advance for positive input.

endyen

Splendid
Beeping can mean a lot of different things. It depends on the length and number of beeps. There may be a list of beep codes in the manual. We may be better able to help if you tell us what it sounds like. (ie how long each beep is and how many before it repeats)

setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
No info in the ESC manual or trouble shooting info. Beeps are short and get around 6 before it pauses and repeats itself. I will double check manual again, but didn't find an area regarding beeps ???

setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Finally took the motherboard & ram out and had them tested. MB failed, so the company gave me a new board. Hopefully the new board wouldn't encounter the same problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.