Flash Bios with CD?

uaewhitey

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
I just purchased the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and the Asus web site has just updated the Bios. I have just set up the box, but haven't given it life yet. I don't have an A:floppy drive. Can I flash the Bios with a CD? or does it have to be done with a floppy?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can flash BIOS from Windows using AsusUpdate. Since you already have the file downloaded, just select "Update BIOS from a file" in the first menu.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Uh, well, I can't remember. But if the flash fails, you keep trying and hope you don't have to shut down before a flash works.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
you could also extract the bios and make a dos bootable cdrw and burn the necissary bios files on there...more work but the only solution for flashing from dos...

Im pretty sure however in the event of a bad flash you will need a floppy drive to do a bios recovery (assuming you dont know the flash went wrong and you shutdown the comp). However in this scenario im sure a freind will lend you a floppy drive to save your ass.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a processor
110% BX fanboy