mari666

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2004
Very recently, there was a short and all 3 of my computers went off. 2 of my other computers were able to turn back on. It's not the power supply, so it's the motherboard...this is what I think. Keyboard and mouse receive power, computer doesn't turn on. Tried different volt settings, nothing. It can't be the HD, because the damn tower should still powerup and the fan on the powersupply should be running. Am I right in thinking that it is a motherboard and problem? What solutions do I have? Could it be something on the motherboard that needs to be replaced instead of the whole thing? I am using an ECS K7VMM+ mobo with an XP2000+ chip. Yeah, you can tell me ECS makes a [-peep-] board, but it was cheap. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
so the lights come on but no fans power up? how do you know its not the power supply?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
sounds like a ps issue to me, had a similar issue with my dads puter, put in a new generic brand ps and in a week it went out, it powered up the keyboard lights and power lights on the case and both cd rom and burner activity lights, but would not boot. changed it to a name brand unit and it was fine.....lesson learned, you get what you pay for. cheap=crap!

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.