Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best speakers for gaming pc

Last response: in Video Games
March 12, 2010 8:41:50 PM

hi,

can anyone recommend a good speaker setup for gaming and dvd/blue ray watching?

More about : speakers gaming

March 14, 2010 12:20:19 AM

do you want a 7.1/5.1 system, 2.1 system, or a two speaker setup?
March 14, 2010 3:55:49 AM

get a home theater system it has more uses then a just a speaker system
Related resources
March 15, 2010 4:43:45 AM

warning newb question.......how do you connect a home theater system to a pc through the tiny output?
March 15, 2010 9:08:24 AM

With a 6 chan connection.
Most soundcards now a days have 6 inputs.
March 15, 2010 12:02:09 PM

I personally find that gaming and movie watching want two different setups.

I find for gaming over ear headphones offer FAR better immersion than surround sound speakers, but for sitting back watching a movie I like my 7.1 gigaworks S750 setup.

I personally DONT find the 7.1 surround sound anywhere near as immersive for gaming as a pair of good headphones.

If I had to buy today for 5.1 I would choose the Logitech Z-5500, mainly because I would love to finally find a use for those spdif ports :D .

My current speaker system has been discontinued I believe, after many years on the market, I think it needed it, the sound might be great, it might be decent quality kit, but the lack of connectivity options were becoming a bit of a killer on it... Many times Ive ran into barriers wanting to hook up different kit to it. Quality 7.1 systems can be hard to find which is a shame given that bluray is only just starting to become popular.

For DVD only use 5.1 is all you need, for some blu-ray titles 7.1 is nice. Theoretically for gaming 7.1 is better than 5.1, but I find a good pair of stereo headphones offer a far better gaming experience.

March 15, 2010 2:32:58 PM

i run a 3.5 mm jack from my pc into my systems auxiliary rca input with a 3.5 mm to 2 rca cable, running a 6.2 system
March 15, 2010 4:13:14 PM

It all depends on how much you want to spend. Personally I think the Logitech Z-5500 is as good as it gets, but there are a few other choices that might suit you better.

!