The B.net BOOT

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2005 3:40:50 AM

Yes, I know... you can't switch too fast or you'll get the boot. So,
I'm sitting here wait for that thing to clear off and I'm wondering
what the standard time delay is before good ol' Blizz will let me back
on.

Geez, a guy can't even mule his stuff without being penalized.

Reg

More about : net boot

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 4:27:05 AM

I guess the answer is about an hour.

Yuck
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 3:44:53 PM

Gabriele Neukam wrote:
> On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...
>
> > Someone mentioned the game freezing momentarilly while
> > in the trade window or inventory/stash. (Might have been in the other
> > group). Well, I'm getting that too. And it isn't my machine, this old beast
> > plays Far Cry at a fairly high res with a good frame-rate. What the hell are
> > blizz up to?
>
> I guess this is an attempt to stop item duping. I have no idea whether
> duping was made by abusing trade screens, but killing the game while
> the transmission is in progress - yet not finished - might be one way
> to try it.

Interesting.

I was trying to make an obedience stick with a thresher I found, and I
had just scored a Guardian Angel from NM D, so I figured it was worth a
ko and a fal. Seconds after I made the game, a guy came in and threw a
ko and a fal in the trade box and I placed the GA. I tried to hit
accept, and the game dropped and the guy was nowhere to be found.
Wonder if they were dupes.

Sean
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:06:54 PM

On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...

> Someone mentioned the game freezing momentarilly while
> in the trade window or inventory/stash. (Might have been in the other
> group). Well, I'm getting that too. And it isn't my machine, this old beast
> plays Far Cry at a fairly high res with a good frame-rate. What the hell are
> blizz up to?

I guess this is an attempt to stop item duping. I have no idea whether
duping was made by abusing trade screens, but killing the game while
the transmission is in progress - yet not finished - might be one way
to try it.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.