ABIT simply sucks ...

timberwolf1

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
Hi all

Did any of you try ABIT motherboards? I bought an ABIT motherboard reecently - its on board audio wasn't working.

Called the support line - the fella was the rudest thing on earth. Won't ever buy ABIT again.

Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.digital-music-guide.com" target="_new">www.digital-music-guide.com</A>

markgun

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
ABIT makes some of the best boards on the market, for AMD and Intel.

Their support is amazing, too. The NB fan on my NF7-S was starting to get noisy, so I sent them an e-mail, got a reply within 20 minutes asking for my address, and got a new north bridge fan in less than 5 days. No questions asked. Not to mention, from what I've heard, you could RMA them a brick and get a motherboard back :wink: .

<b>Qui habet aures audiendi audiat</b>

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Sorry to hear that. Fortunately there are many other choices. I don't think anything annoys me more than rude customer support people. I have had great luck with Abit though and have never had a problem with any of the 4 motherboards I have ordered from them.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Why blame the hardware for the shortcomings of a rude tech? Redial and try another tech.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
Read the manual and look for the Jumper on the motherboard that has to be set to enable onboard Audio it should have been pre-set right out of the box but silly things can happen.

After you make sure it is set in the right location go into the BIOS ( tapping DEL key ) at boot-up and make sure onboard Audio is set to function.

After you know all that is good try using speakers that are powered if you have been trying to use speakers that simply plug in and are not electrically powered you might not hear anything at all.

At the very least you should hear the post speech reporter announcing the system is booting. WAIT !! unless ABIT does not have that option I have not gone near an ABIT board since I stopped using Intel CPU's. been a while...we only sell AMD CPU's and ASUS boards in our shop.

Guy down the street only sold Intel for years but now he is selling both. If need be we will build an Intel rig for a patron if they really want one.

Dont freak out about Intel either in Canada they have always been double what an AMD cpu costs and up here that means $600 to $800 bucks more so most people enjoy the lower cost of a system build using AMD.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid 12 Celsius
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
My ABIT NF7 v2.0 is simply great

------------
<A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A>

<A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig</A> & <A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/benchmark.html" target="_new">3DMark score</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, with an atitude like that you probably called and screamed at the guy, and he just thought "why the [-peep-] should I help this sh!thead".

I've never had a problem with Abit, I contact them with a bad board on occasion, they give me an RMA number, I send them the board, they send me a new one. Done. Takes about a week.

I can tell you a lot worse stories about Asus and Soyo if you'd like.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""ABIT makes some of the best boards on the market""

did you just wake up?

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL, ""I've <b>never had a problem with Abit</b>, I contact them <b>with a bad board</b> on occasion""

how are these two go together?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They go together <b>perfectly</b>. I've delt with over a thousand systems, most of them used. I've even purchased "dead" boards for a repair business.

<b>Every board fails eventually, every company produces boards that fail under warranty occasionally</b>, so what I can say about these companies is: Abit is the best company to deal with, Soyo is the worst.

So when I say "I've never had a problem with Abit", I'm speaking of the warranty and RMA proceedure.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehe, be more precise next time (generality triggers confusion, confusion triggers uncertainty, uncertainty triggers fear, fear triggers madness, madness kills pipel ;)

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
based on your other posts, your an idiot that couldnt work a toaster. abit doesnt suck, you do.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Causeican

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2003
I dont like a bit either, I dont like anything in small quantities ;)

I wouldn't mind a fair bit though :)p

"" Society is to blame ""