Severe lag in GTA III

Hi. I'm using my old rig currently as the new one is with my brother. I installed GTA III on XP Professional SP2 and when I started to play @ 1280x1024x32, the frame rate was around 20-30 fps which drops to 10-15 many times. GTA vice city plays on the same rig @ 1280x1024x32 at 40-45 fps smooth.
The components are Pentium 4 3ghz, intel 915g IGP with 128 mb shared memory, 1GB DDR2. I tried even my friend's installation disc, but no change in performance. I know this is the age of GTA IV, but please help me.
7 answers Last reply
More about severe
  1. you should have hot a pirated GTA III am i Right if you get a original you will be able to play it well

if you upgrade your pc to Core 2 duo and Gpu like 9600Gt your will be able to play well
  2. No, it's a genuine one. If it was a pirated one, i would not have asked the question here at all as it is against the rule of the forum. Anyway, installation of a new anti virus programme showed the presence of a few viruses, may be they were slowing it down. So, I'll format the hard drive and will retry it. Thanks.
  3. ok
  4. The viruses seemed to have caused the problem. Now, I am getting around 60-70 fps at 1024x768. Sorry for creating this thread without having checked the viruses in my system. Thanks...
  5. A friendly tip: Stay away from dodgy websites and install a proper antivirus program.
  6. Herr_Koos said:
    A friendly tip: Stay away from dodgy websites and install a proper antivirus program.

For sure brother.. Thanks...
  7. use proper antivirus like bitdefender
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games