Downloading SATA driver?!? ASUS A7N8X-E

DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I just bought an ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe MB, and by reading the Newegg customer reviews I realized that I would have to press F6 during Windows XP Pro installation in order to install the third party drivers which would enable XP to recognize my SATA Seagate hard drive.

As I understand it, I should download the drivers to a floppy disc, but when visiting the Asus website I notice that the download in question is actually 4MB big and so to much for my 1.4 floppy. Nevertheless, people seem to be able to download it anyway, so my question is how do they do it?

THanks,
DrAmar

I don't even believe in JEBUS!
Homer, you are on the flight to a remote island where you will be doing some missionary work.
SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
you only need the dos files. give me a link and i will tell you which ones to get. or maybe you could just put them on cd. no, i think i remember setup requires a floppy drive.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Thanks jihiggs,

That would really mean a lot to me.

Web site:
http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-E Deluxe

It is under the
Silicon Image Serial ATA driver version V1.0.0.33 and Utility V1.0.0.11 folder. 4.38 MB download.

Ps. I wanted to post the link yesterday but their site was down :).

Homer, you are on the flight to a remote island where you will be doing some missionary work.
SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Ps. One more thing,

When I downloaded and unzipped the file, it among few other things seperated itself into DISC 1 and DISC 2 folders. Am I right in the assumption that I should only download the DISC 1 folder or is that something completely different.

Thanks,
DrAmar

SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

DrAmar

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Found the needed files myself :)!

Thanks anyway

SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!!

pat

Expert
What??? Asus does not provide the drivers with their board???

Dont buy it if it's the case....

I hate Asus

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!