Bobster

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2004
After recently buidling a new computer I have run into some problems, and I think they (it) could be different..

My spec:
Mobo: Abit NF7-S
CPU: AMD Athlon XP Barton 2600+
Mem: 256 MB DDR400 PC3200 Twinmos
HD: IBM 50G 7200rpm
Graphics: Powercolor 9600Pro

Well, everythig was finished and I started it up.. Everything seemed fine, and I went into the BIOS. Looking at the HD I saw it was a primary slave, instead of primary master as it should be. I took a quick loog, and noticed that I by mistake had set the "jumpers" wrong. So, i changed the primary boot to the CDrom, saved and exited. After that, i held the power button to turn it off. For a split second, I saw the message "dont power off when saving bios", it was so brief however I never had the chance to react. Oh well, no biggie, I thought and changed the HD settings and fired it up again.. It seemed top be fine, except that I never got a screen.. It seemed like the monitor didnt get any signal.. So I tried setting the jumpers back, and tried again.. Same thing. So i reset the BIOS by the CMOS on the mobo.. Fired it up once again.. Same problem.. I cant even get into the BIOS and the monitor says "no signal".. What is wrong and what can I do???? Please help

Bobster

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2004
I have now tried installing a different graphics card, but the same thing happens, apparently that was not the issue.. Also tried to disconnect the CD-Rom, to see if changing the BIOS to boot from the CD had anything to do with it.. No luck though.. Getting desperate here..

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
I think you've fouled your BIOS. When I exit and save from BIOS it takes a bit before it saves. You've surley got an "incomplete" save. Hence your prob. I wouldn't fool around with changing vid cards or drives. The BIOS thingy is your problem.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, fortunatly I've never had this problem. You can keep checking back here, one of these guru's surley knows the answer (BIOS Saviour etc. ) or go here to here to an Abit forum and do a search:

<A HREF="http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=c5ed5ecbf0a445056af84e82a9aa6e4c" target="_new">http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=c5ed5ecbf0a445056af84e82a9aa6e4c</A>

Good Luck

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE