Best PC Game Graphics To Date?

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hellow people...

i'm absolutly no expert in all of this OC and gaming stuff so it could sound stupid what i'm about to ask, but still
i want and have to know.... is it possible to play crysis with or without the WH mod, maxed with a 5970 ??

if anyone knows pleace let me know... otherwise it would be a waste of lots and lots of money. I Could use the money for better things :p but if the card is able to play Crisis/ Crysis WH maxed out. That would be nice to know :)
maybe it should come in handy to know, that the game must be playable on a 28"screen... Res = 1920x1200.

If it is possible... Then i suggest everybody should buy one of these :p

(sorry 4 my bad english... I dont speak it daily):p

Thank you ...

Enjoy the gaming :)

guggas

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
looks like it does pretty well on crysis: 49 fps with very high details. But thats with no aa. It also very much depends on the rest of your system. What are the specs of everything else?? The new nVidia cards that are coming out will prolly be even better for Crysis. But as far as the money being better off spent other places I would probably agree with that philosophy. I have a 5770 myself.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5970,2474-8.html

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
owkej owkej,

Currently i have a 4870(single GPU version 1 GB(Not OC'd). and it does crysis pretty well.. while everything set on gamer, no AA;i selected the recommend settings for my hardware. Its not that i'm disappointed with this card, but still, i gues you know what i mean :p crysis is just to goodlooking to play it not maxed out.
You were talking about nVidia cards, Which one do you mean of them?? are they allready @ the store's now or not?? and where can i find some info about them?
My pc's specs arent that much special.. had to buy it with my own money :p aint that rich

Mainboard: Asus P5Q Pro
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80 GHz
Memory: 4 GB ddr2 D.C.K ( Dual channel Kit)
GPU: Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 4870
HDD : 320 GB.

Then which Graphic Card is able to handle Crysis maxed out? or if it could be possible to play it with 2 cards? and it would even cost me less money? That would be great :)
(again, sorry for my english, i'm dutch so i'm really trying)

Thanx mate;)

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Well I play it on a SINGLE 5850 @ 1920X1080 and I play on enthusiast with 4xAA. And it seems to run @ about 30fps+ which is plenty fast enough for me. It never seems to drop below 30fps.

I upgraded from a 8800 GTS 512Mb and noticed a huge difference :)

I think if you played it on a 5970 then you would find it to run perfectly.

It might be worth trying to overclcok your CPU a bit, depending on your cooling you could go for a small 10-15% OC or if you have good cooling yu could go for a 20-25% OC for a quick boost in performance :)

ere is a page with a chart showing Crysis Warhead framerates at the bottom of the page, on almost all modern GPUs (scroll down):

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-r5870-lightning-review/17

G

^+1-- yes you must always bear this in mind, a balanced system is always better!

There is a very generous OC to be had on your e7400, should go to 3.8ghz easily on the asus p5q, that will definately help right now?

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

Oke i never knew that :O... but how could i do that??? and i guess if i want to OC my CPU then i need a cooler wich is better then the standerd intel cooler right?? because thats a lot from 2.8 to 3.8?!?!?!

that could make a difference to :p ahahah but still... those 5970 cards are still pretty expensive... not the most cheap cards on the market .... so if i OC my CPU, take one of this card... or is it better to take a 5870???

but still... i allready have this cpu allmost over 1.5 years... i should put another cpu instead. From my work i could get on of them q9650 things... if i do that in combination with 5870... than it is impossible NOT to play Crysis max.... it has to...... if anyone has some good advice or anything... please let me know... I would really appreciate it :D

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
If you get a faster graphics card it will be bottlenecked by your processor.

sorry bro you have to forgive me but what is bottlenecked and what does that mean??? my english is not so good... and i really need to know how it is possible to play crysis without trouble....... sorry again ...

guggas

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
bottlenecked means that if you get a really fast video card like the 5970, the card will not perform very well because your cpu will hold it back. Your system is only as good as its weakest link. A 5970 will play crysis very well but your cpu will not.

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

owkej.. thanx... so what do u suggest to do?? what would be the best for me to do with my cpu of the rest of it??

Thanx

guggas

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Personally I would say save your money, buy food, beer and invest in real estate, but other than that, I dont know much about Intel systems...

baalielieseee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

You're Real smart mate;) except for the beer :p i dont drink beer.. its not healthy :p but i guess thats another forum:p still thanx for youre help ;)

a1mology

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I'm running 5870x2 w/crossfire, and getting a bit better performance out of crysis than those running on one 5970. I run crysis 1920x1080 with 8xAA, at around around 20 fps at the very low, which is for the highly intense parts of the game, but for most of the game I sat around an easy 50fps, and peaked on certain levels at 70 even. That was in the caves and such where there isn't nearly as much to render. I avg. 53fps, which is what my cards should do. When I run 1920x1080 with 4xAA I am running a solid 55-60 fps, where at highly intense parts i drop to around 40 and at time can hit 80+ fps. with 2xAA pretty much just add another 10-20 fps. I should also note i'm running all settings on enthusiast. The card is very much worth the money. I get a few artifacts here and there, but not significant enough to even notice when playing, and the artifacts are few and far between, i don't notice any in the later levels. I am running 6gb tripple channel corsair dominator with i7 920 oc @ 3.6ghz, turbo boost so 4 ghz at 1.2 volts with an asus p6 x58d premium mb at a cool 28-40 c, 35 c on avg.