P4P 800 Dlx serious problem (Crashman please help)

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Please help me I have installed Windows Xp pro on Asus P4P 800 Dlx 2GB RAM (Kingston 400 Mhz) and 3.2 Ghz Procesor of Intel with HT enabled.
The problem I am facing is that I have a Nikon digital camera and USB 2.0 CF card transfer adapter.
When I copy images the USB interface tranfers the images or data at a very low rate and the CD Rom alos copies data at a very slow rate but the CD writer Asus 52x 24 copies data at a fast rate.
Please help me as m Sandisk cards are 512 MB so i need fast data rate the speed is real slow I have built 5 systems of this configuration but this is the first time i am facing this problem.

Crashman please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
maybe the other cd rom is running pio mode. and make sure you got the right drivers for the usb. i think ms released a patch or somthing for 2.0 usb only working at 1.1.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

There are usb settings in the bios for the different speeds for different connectors,3 different pairs, 6 total onboard.They can be USB1, USB2 or Both on each pair.

Make sure enhanced mode is turned offor the EIDE controllers in the Bios.(Unless you are running raid)This wil limit you to DMA2 mode.

I aint signing nothing!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I Installed the necessary patches and drivers as required but still did not help and then I reinstalled the operating system still the same problem and i suppose the usb fix patch was included in the service pack 1 and I have installed service pack 1 only still the same problem.
Dont know what to do

so enjoy life but!!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
The bios settings are correct and the HDD and CDRoms are all running in DMA Mode and not in PIO Mode
I still cant think of anything
Helpppppp!!

so enjoy life but!!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
On my P4C800-E, you can adjust USB data rate to 1.1 or 2.0 speed, it's set to 1.1 speed by default (thanks Asus).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Thanks Crashman, I have checked it on my mobo and the setting is on usb 2.0 and high speed only, Alltough it was on 1.1 by default if you remember I recently posted that I am building 5 PCs on the same platform but this problem is coming in the 2 PCs only the rest are all doing fine.
Thanks Please think some more. I know that you will come out with a solution!!

so enjoy life but!!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, if 3 work great and 2 have a problem, you have to figure out what makes those 2 different. This could take a long time, I might be a hero but I'm not a SUPER hero!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pat

Expert
Asus is getting a bit loosy on the quality of their mobo. For me, Asus is to mobo what ..hum ...VIA is for chipset...!!!

That's what came in my mind after reading Crashman's posts too much!

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!