Sign in with
Your question

My internet download speed is slow

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 11:31:49 AM

Hello,
my internet speed is 786kbps so when i download any file of any size its speed would be around 80kbps or 90kbps, but all of a sudden the DL speed has dropped down to 19 or 20 or 25 kpbs like that. iam using AVG anti virus, operating system is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.. i checked it with the laptop it was proper(i mean it was showing around 80's and 90's kbps) plsss help me out...
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2010 12:48:19 AM

If you are connected, you may need to contact your internet service provider - they may need to fix your connection.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
September 7, 2010 3:12:01 AM

Also keep in mind that your download speed depends on a lot of factors, including who you are downloading from (how large their upload bandwidth is), and depending on whether you're on Cable, or a DSL connection, who else in your area is downloading at the same time.

As treefrog suggested, contact your ISP first and make sure they don't detect any problems. If not, then you'll want to look for the source of the problem more locally.
Related resources
March 11, 2011 5:23:22 AM

For this problem contact the service provider,
After that you can check your internet speed, through this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
It has the best result about internet service provider,location, country and and also provides the IP details at free cost itself.......
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2011 7:27:03 AM

STOP DOWNLOADING TORRENTS.

Most ISP's throttle P2P traffic, or have you been downloading alot and the ISP are not throttling your connection.
April 10, 2011 5:43:54 AM

helo.. i just wanna ask if im getting wat im paying for, my plan is 384 kbps and it is 888 per month. my average downspeed at speedtest is 350 kbps.and upspeed of 150kbps.is this enough?. .any replies and comment would be a big help.tnx
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2011 6:01:11 AM

natsirht28 said:
helo.. i just wanna ask if im getting wat im paying for, my plan is 384 kbps and it is 888 per month. my average downspeed at speedtest is 350 kbps.and upspeed of 150kbps.is this enough?. .any replies and comment would be a big help.tnx

This is not the place you should be asking this. Just make a new thread and ask your question. You should stick with the original topic.
!