BFBC2 ping?

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
When I go on the server search for BFBC2 it does not display the ping for each server it just displays a little "--" instead, why? also I can not join a game through the server search I can only join a game through the "Play Now" option, why? If anyone can answer my query's it would be much appreciated!

Thank You

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Found this on BFBC2's blog, it mentions why im not seeing ping and says "No ping displayed - This is caused by Windows admin privileges. To view ping in the server browser run BFBC2.exe with administrator privileges." How do i run it with administrator privileges?

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
OK, I found the "run as administrator" thingy but now it wont start up at all it says its "retrieving version information" and once its done just shuts down and im back to the desktop... Im stumped!?!?

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I uninstalled it before you had told me to do that and now its starting up perfectly! I went into the program files for BC2 and found a different short cut that had the "run as administrator" option, ran it as administrator and now it displaying the ping for all the servers. Thanx for the help I appreciate it!