Sign in with
Your question

What will be the perfect pc to play mw2 on

Last response: in Video Games
March 15, 2010 6:47:22 PM

i am about to buy a new pc adn i wwant it to play mw2 but i just dont kno wich to choose? so can you guys please help me? oh yeah and can mw2 play on windows 7?:sol: 

More about : perfect play mw2

March 15, 2010 7:58:49 PM
March 16, 2010 6:43:45 AM

yea im playing mw2 on an hp 190f with a 5870 hamfisted in it & I can max the game out @ 1920 x 1080 4xAA

i7-920 @ 2.66
9gb ddr3
sapphire 5870
Related resources
March 16, 2010 12:10:46 PM

You can basically max out MW2 on any pc that can max out COD4, same engine, same graphics, same 15 year old aimbotters and hacks. Just a fair warning. I was able to max COD4 on a core2duo 2.13 GHz and 8800GTS/512 at 1680x1050. Which in today's standards isn't all that much. MW2 will have no issues on Vista/Win7 32 or 64bit. I have a 5870 and i7 @ 4GHz and i don't think my video card ever heated up beyond 70C. Any DX11 game will easily tax my card to 80-85C.

The game is really designed to make money, not impress gamers. I stopped playing it after 2 months because I was tired of being killed by cheaters. When the game first came out it was pretty fun, but them all the hacks started coming out, and then people started getting the hacks just to beat the other people with hacks and soon I bet 10-20% of everyone in a game is doing it. It was very frustrating because I couldn't just find a good server like previous COD games.

I recently bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and will never look back. If previous Battlefield and Modern Warfare games had a love child, it would be Bad Company 2. Granted they already have a hack to point out opponents, but within 10 minutes you can tell and just leave and pick your own server. I think I ran into only one server that I felt had hacks on it. It was most likely a clan of hacks that admin their own server. Other than that it is far more fun than Modern Warfare. I suggest checking it out. Plus it's DX9,10, & 11, the audio is FAR FAR better, and it gets your adrenaline going far more than MW2.

~Sorry for the rant and tossing in my opinions, but hey it's a forum. and I initially answered your question. :D 
March 16, 2010 3:56:27 PM

thx every boddy but du ny of u know anything about mw2 can play on windovs 7
March 16, 2010 4:59:37 PM

all new games can play on windows 7
March 16, 2010 5:31:01 PM

As I said "MW2 will have no issues on Vista/Win7 32 or 64bit."
March 16, 2010 5:46:32 PM

jay2tall said:
You can basically max out MW2 on any pc that can max out COD4, same engine, same graphics, same 15 year old aimbotters and hacks. Just a fair warning. I was able to max COD4 on a core2duo 2.13 GHz and 8800GTS/512 at 1680x1050. Which in today's standards isn't all that much. MW2 will have no issues on Vista/Win7 32 or 64bit. I have a 5870 and i7 @ 4GHz and i don't think my video card ever heated up beyond 70C. Any DX11 game will easily tax my card to 80-85C.

The game is really designed to make money, not impress gamers. I stopped playing it after 2 months because I was tired of being killed by cheaters. When the game first came out it was pretty fun, but them all the hacks started coming out, and then people started getting the hacks just to beat the other people with hacks and soon I bet 10-20% of everyone in a game is doing it. It was very frustrating because I couldn't just find a good server like previous COD games.

I recently bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and will never look back. If previous Battlefield and Modern Warfare games had a love child, it would be Bad Company 2. Granted they already have a hack to point out opponents, but within 10 minutes you can tell and just leave and pick your own server. I think I ran into only one server that I felt had hacks on it. It was most likely a clan of hacks that admin their own server. Other than that it is far more fun than Modern Warfare. I suggest checking it out. Plus it's DX9,10, & 11, the audio is FAR FAR better, and it gets your adrenaline going far more than MW2.

~Sorry for the rant and tossing in my opinions, but hey it's a forum. and I initially answered your question. :D 

+1

I have a low end backup rig that can play the game maxxed out at 1680x 1050 simply by using a 7750 @ 3.1Ghz/GTS 250 (1Gb)/4Gb 800Mhz memory ... the game is not hardware demanding at all. Basically the same setup that will run MW1 will aslo run MW2.. Hope this helps ;) 
March 16, 2010 6:46:41 PM

I think when you're buying a new pc you should put crysis @1680x1050 @high as a target.That's what I did and got pretty much obsidian's build.Even my old 8500gt could play mw1 in medium @1280x1024 so cod mw2 is a really not demanding game at all?

PS.@Jay2tall.Is that vga overclocked or does the 5870 produce 20c of heat more than a 5850.I play crysis at max details @1680x1050(slightly laggy) and get temps of 65c-70c tops.Just asking.
March 16, 2010 6:51:45 PM

My 5870 is not OCed at all. It idles around 40C or below depending on what I am doing. Dirty2 and BC2 seem to really heat it up a bit. Some games don't really bother it much at all like MW2 or Left4Dead2.

I changed my fan profile a little but so instead of running at like 22% it is now around 35% and hovers around 75C in BC2. Granted some manufacturers probably create their own fan profiles. I know some of my older XFX cards always had a little more aggressive setup.
March 17, 2010 1:00:09 PM

OvrClkr said:
+1

I have a low end backup rig that can play the game maxxed out at 1680x 1050 simply by using a 7750 @ 3.1Ghz/GTS 250 (1Gb)/4Gb 800Mhz memory ... the game is not hardware demanding at all. Basically the same setup that will run MW1 will aslo run MW2.. Hope this helps ;) 

in 1024x768 with lower end graphics, I was actually getting decent frames with a 2.4ghz p4 800mhz fsb. 1.5gb 400mhz ddr ram 7900GS. MW1/2 is one of the least demanding games out there for a system. I mean for the demand on the system the graphics are pretty darn good, but the lack of dedicated servers killed 2 for me, I guess they are lucky they got my cash, I should have waited I assumed dedicated servers were a given for a pc based online shooter.
March 17, 2010 4:16:23 PM

tsd16 said:
in 1024x768 with lower end graphics, I was actually getting decent frames with a 2.4ghz p4 800mhz fsb. 1.5gb 400mhz ddr ram 7900GS. MW1/2 is one of the least demanding games out there for a system. I mean for the demand on the system the graphics are pretty darn good, but the lack of dedicated servers killed 2 for me, I guess they are lucky they got my cash, I should have waited I assumed dedicated servers were a given for a pc based online shooter.

yep, we are all on the same boat and even though I did buy the game I stopped playing it since BC2 came out. Now everything is back to normal ;) 

MW3 better have what we need or im not spending a dime :na: 

IMO BC2 pwns MW2 even though we all know that the CoD's series is second to none when it comes to game-play..
March 17, 2010 4:57:34 PM

+1 to that.
March 17, 2010 6:04:18 PM

OvrClkr said:
yep, we are all on the same boat and even though I did buy the game I stopped playing it since BC2 came out. Now everything is back to normal ;) 

MW3 better have what we need or im not spending a dime :na: 

IMO BC2 pwns MW2 even though we all know that the CoD's series is second to none when it comes to game-play..

same thing, BFBC2 has been great so far.

I mean the thing that annoys me the most about mw2, isnt the lack of dedicated servers per se, but how rampant hackers are, because they can operate without reprisal. at least with pre mw2, and battlefield, you have punkbuster and admins to boot people not playing by the rules, or you could just switch servers. That and the ridiculously low limit on players per game, when IW finally put out some larger more free roaming maps.
March 17, 2010 8:47:17 PM

The game came out a few weeks ago for the PC. The graphics are superior but the game is a GPU hog.

As far as gameplay goes.. NO, MW2 has better game-play.

BC2's gameplay is more or less the same as BF2.
March 18, 2010 12:30:40 PM

Quote:
So is BFBC2 on pc yet? Is the gameplay and graphics better than MW2?

Graphics are definitely better especially if you are running DX10 or DX11. The maps are larger and more interactive. If you don't like that the trees are in your way, you can mow them down and make a clearing. You can blow up buildings as well. This along with the AMAZING sounds effects in the game really keep you on the edge of your seat. There are stationary gun turrets, rocket turrets, transport and attack helicopter's, a little UAV helecopter, TANKS, quads, armored trucks, and hummers at your disposal. There is just SO much you can do in the game to keep you busy. It is very much more cooperative. The "best" player can still be a loser if he doesn't join a squad and help his team out. You can get tons of points being a medic or engineer. Even spotting out enemies that someone else kills gives you "spot points". There are more points awarded when you help other teammates if they are being attacked as well. It's more about the team and less about you. Granted it is fun to be Recon and snipe people off, but the same team points apply you just support them from further away.

I found myself board with MW2, despite all the little aimbotting hacker people. It made me feel like I was playing COD4 release 2 with more maps and a slew of kill streak awards. I find it more fulfilling to shoot someone than let some helicopter in the sky that I summoned kill them for me. I have alot of console gamer friends and co-workers and they do favor MW2 over BC2 for the console. I think it is just hard to do everything with just a controller and not a keyboard and mouse. The graphics on the PC version are also FAR FAR better than the console. IF you are a run and gun person, you will like MW2, if you are a fan of the Battlefield games and cooperative games, you will love BC2. This is definitely the game that will replace BF:2142 for me.

Quote:
So will my Q6700 and HD4850 run it well at 1680x1050?

I think your 4850 will run it just fine. It IS a GPU hog but, I have found it scales pretty well and it still looks good with some of the settings turned down. I have it installed on a laptop that has a mobile 4650 at 1366x768 and a T6600 core2duo. It runs on low and doesn't look terrible at all. I would put the low settings on par with what it looks like on a PS3 actually, at least the PS3 demo. I would think your 4850 would run it just fine on medium settings possibly. It definitely likes to hammer your CPU though, the C2D laptop runs around 90-95% during the game so your quad core should handle it fine especially if it's overclocked at all.
March 18, 2010 1:33:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah I'm overclocked.
I was a huge fan of BF2. I only quit playing it because I re-installed Windows and somehow I'm missing one of the 4 disks, so I'm unable to re-install the game.

I love the teamwork aspect of the game and how you can ride helicopters and just bail out at any time and land where you want. That is the best.

I think I will have to get this game. Is there a PC demo? I cant seem to find one.

Thanks for the info.

You will feel RIGHT at home with this game then. You might want a video card upgrade in the future, but it will play. The actual gameplay is the best part.

Oh you can bail out of choppers. If you get luck or can snipe well you can blast people out of the choppers. Especially the mini gunners on the blackhawks. It's hard but if they stay still long enough you can. I knocked 3 people out of the same chopper the other night including the pilot because he was hovering to long. I had a chip on my shoulder all night. Side note, the blackhawks have a mini gun on either side and can hold 5 I believe total. The mini guns SOUND like mini guns, you know the bull frog sound "Burrrrrrrp". The Medic class is awesome, you have a medipack and get get paddles to defib people. The best part is the Medic gets the belt fed machine guns for support. I tend to feel like RAMBO in that kit when I unload a box of ammo on a group of people.
March 18, 2010 3:22:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah I'm overclocked.
I was a huge fan of BF2. I only quit playing it because I re-installed Windows and somehow I'm missing one of the 4 disks, so I'm unable to re-install the game.

I love the teamwork aspect of the game and how you can ride helicopters and just bail out at any time and land where you want. That is the best.

I think I will have to get this game. Is there a PC demo? I cant seem to find one.

Thanks for the info.

I have a few copies of BF2, just PM me if you need one ;) 

One was purchased when it came out and the other two were free (Newegg Special) with the purchase of a few GPU's.
March 18, 2010 3:30:14 PM

jay2tall said:
You will feel RIGHT at home with this game then. You might want a video card upgrade in the future, but it will play. The actual gameplay is the best part.

Oh you can bail out of choppers. If you get luck or can snipe well you can blast people out of the choppers. Especially the mini gunners on the blackhawks. It's hard but if they stay still long enough you can. I knocked 3 people out of the same chopper the other night including the pilot because he was hovering to long. I had a chip on my shoulder all night. Side note, the blackhawks have a mini gun on either side and can hold 5 I believe total. The mini guns SOUND like mini guns, you know the bull frog sound "Burrrrrrrp". The Medic class is awesome, you have a medipack and get get paddles to defib people. The best part is the Medic gets the belt fed machine guns for support. I tend to feel like RAMBO in that kit when I unload a box of ammo on a group of people.

Talking about choppers, last night I somehow shot the pilot using a sniper rifle and was able to get all 5 kills under my name. Then all of a sudden this silver star popped up on my screen giving me a ton of points. I guess I got lucky... lol

On the other hand I am experiencing major lag even with a capped 60FPS. For some reason the game bogs down when there is alot going on. Not sure if it is my driver but it is really annoying. This only happens in BC2, all my other games including Warhead do not lag unless I turn up the visuals and xAA. I know this has nothing to do with my min or max FPS becuase the game lags even when the FPS is at 60. Anyone with this same issue?

I currently have all settings on Low and x2AA x2AF / turned down the audio quality to cinema / HBAO off / v-sync off/on and still lag.. Cannot find a solution to this... Kinda sucks when you have a few peeps with lower end systems running the game fine..

Just like jay said, there is just so much you can do in MW2, so the game eventually gets boring after a 100+hrs or so. BC2 has dedi-servers = no worrying about hackers, so all my anger towards MW2 has dissapeared.

Last night there was a user that was glitching and it took 10 seconds for the admin to kick & BAN his IP.. Gotta love the dedi-servers [:lectrocrew:6]
March 18, 2010 3:55:43 PM

OvrClkr said:
Talking about choppers, last night I somehow shot the pilot using a sniper rifle and was able to get all 5 kills under my name. Then all of a sudden this silver star popped up on my screen giving me a ton of points. I guess I got lucky... lol

On the other hand I am experiencing major lag even with a capped 60FPS. For some reason the game bogs down when there is alot going on. Not sure if it is my driver but it is really annoying. This only happens in BC2, all my other games including Warhead do not lag unless I turn up the visuals and xAA. I know this has nothing to do with my min or max FPS becuase the game lags even when the FPS is at 60. Anyone with this same issue?

I currently have all settings on Low and x2AA x2AF / turned down the audio quality to cinema / HBAO off / v-sync off/on and still lag.. Cannot find a solution to this... Kinda sucks when you have a few peeps with lower end systems running the game fine..

Just like jay said, there is just so much you can do in MW2, so the game eventually gets boring after a 100+hrs or so. BC2 has dedi-servers = no worrying about hackers, so all my anger towards MW2 has dissapeared.

Last night there was a user that was glitching and it took 10 seconds for the admin to kick & BAN his IP.. Gotta love the dedi-servers [:lectrocrew:6]

-Yeah each vehicle and weapon has a star next to it and you have to get a certain number of kills with it to get the next star, which in return gives you points. I think a silver start is 5000 points.

-I notice you have a GTX 260. My buddy has a GTX 285 and another has a GTX 260 and both told me their game gets choppy. Another buddy has a 5770 and has no issues. We think there is something going on with the Nvidia drivers. Just thought I would share.

- 100+hours is about right, haha. MW2 will forever be the most profitable PC game failure.

- If you are sniping your finger would be numb from holding down the crouch button after a few hours. I WISH they would at the very least make a toggle crouch. Sure they took away prone, but let me have my toggle crouch. There are hackers in BC2 just VERY few. FPSCheats.com has a hack for it already that shows everyone on the map, behind walls and such. Look on youtube, it will make you angry. However, with dedicated servers the admin can just boot those people. However, I think i landed on a server the other night that was RUN by kids who are hacking because there were about 3 of them in the same squad. 53:13 was a little ridiculous. That has been my only bad experience. I say kids because what adult would really use a hack? There is no value, honor, or self achievement in cheating at a video game. If you want to see a real hack go to the leaderboard and sort by kill/deaths. That Bu.Roger dude is a comlete hack a k/d ratio of 73:1. I call BS, his name is on all the forums. Everyone adds him as a friend to tick him off. He is in Germany.

March 18, 2010 5:38:38 PM

he pops up on any search you do and advertises on youtube. I hope his hacks are full of malware and infect people's PC's. There was an aimbot package going around for MW2 that stole peoples steam account information and then changed the password. I thought that was the funniest thing EVER. I was reading people rants that they lost hundreds of dollars in steam activated software because they couldn't get into their steam account.
March 18, 2010 5:51:52 PM

Well yea there will always be a hacker or two every now n then but not even close to the number that MW2 has. As long as there is an admin monitoring the game I am fine, normally the hackers play on non-PB servers since they know that if they get caught they might as well say bye bye to that server for good.

I am about to pull the trigger on my GPU upgrade since I doubt fermi (470) will be worth the cost. Looking at the dual 5770's or 5830's. But I am skeptical about my games running flawless with a CF setup. Last ATI card I had was a x1600 Pro and I loved it. Hopefully my upgrade will be worth the cash cause the GTX 260 was doing great untill i installed BC2 =(
March 18, 2010 6:03:27 PM

jay2tall said:
he pops up on any search you do and advertises on youtube. I hope his hacks are full of malware and infect people's PC's. There was an aimbot package going around for MW2 that stole peoples steam account information and then changed the password. I thought that was the funniest thing EVER. I was reading people rants that they lost hundreds of dollars in steam activated software because they couldn't get into their steam account.

Thats what they get for trying to hack :lol: 

I don't see a point in hacking because my skill level would drop, and the whole point of playing the game is to get better not worse. Yes I do agree that the hacking is done mostly by stupid kids that have to much time to play with. Im just pumped at the fact that we have dedi-servers, i feel like alot of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Since BC2 came out I have uninstalled MW2 and do not look forward to be playing that game anytime soon.

March 18, 2010 7:20:02 PM

OvrClkr said:
Well yea there will always be a hacker or two every now n then but not even close to the number that MW2 has. As long as there is an admin monitoring the game I am fine, normally the hackers play on non-PB servers since they know that if they get caught they might as well say bye bye to that server for good.

I am about to pull the trigger on my GPU upgrade since I doubt fermi (470) will be worth the cost. Looking at the dual 5770's or 5830's. But I am skeptical about my games running flawless with a CF setup. Last ATI card I had was a x1600 Pro and I loved it. Hopefully my upgrade will be worth the cash cause the GTX 260 was doing great untill i installed BC2 =(

If you are going to go dual 5770's why not just a single 5850? I am just not a fan of the 5830. It such a HUGE card with little performance. I mean its the size of a 5870 but with less power than a 5850 and even consumes more power than the 5850. It actually performs closer to the 5770 than the 5850, it isn't right in the middle. It would be only slightly better performing than your GTX260, which I would just OC the crap out of if I were you. If it was $200 I think it would be a good deal, but they are trying to get $240-$260 for it. $320 will get you a 5850 and not the hassle of crossfire. Two 5770 would totally outperform a 5830, but they perform so close to a 5850 why not just get a single card. Just my thoughts. The 5850 can also be OCed pretty well. Form what I hear you can get it to the 5870 clocks without tons of effort.

March 18, 2010 7:47:24 PM

Thanks Jay, well the reason I want a CF setup is because I have already tried SLI and it was great but since my board only supports CF I was just curious at how dual 5770's or dual 5830's would perform vs a single GPU setup. I have a buddy that is selling his 5830's for 200.00$ a piece, seems like there is a reason he is trying to get rid of them. Anyways the reason I asked about the 5770's is because I have a 500.00$ credit with Best Buy and the best AMD card they carry is the 5770 AFAIK..

Another reason I wanted dual 5770's is the fact that they are faster than a single 5850 in most if not all games, and I could use that extra oomph =)

I would not hesitate to purchase a single 5850 but I want my moneys worth. I paid 240.00$ for my GTX 260 around Q3 last year and im kinda bummed out that it won't play BC2 properly.

March 18, 2010 11:33:50 PM

OvrClkr said:

I paid 240.00$ for my GTX 260 around Q3 last year and im kinda bummed out that it won't play BC2 properly.
I still think there is something funny with Nvidia cards or their drivers and this game. My buddy has a liquid cooled and OCed GTX 285 and it studders. Which really shouldn't be. And its running on a 3.8GHz i7 920.
March 19, 2010 12:11:45 AM

Found out the issue, its not my card (im still upgrading anyways). It's a patch that has been released since Tuesday, the thing is that not all are getting great results. Its working for most but not all. Steam is removing the Secure-Rom from the game (patch will automatically remove it). Hopefully it will work for me cause all this crashing to desktop and laggy game-play is driving me nuts..

Here is more info :

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3607/

!