WTB: Components For New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEracer7

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I'm building an HTPC to get rid of those ridiculous set top box rental fees from time warner and use something that is a bit more versatile like linux or windows.

But anyways, I [strike]haven't really gotten anything yet,[/strike] only need hard drives and optical drives and input devices, so I figured i would ask here first.

Quick list of what I'm looking for:
Hard drive- Whatever you have, nothing smaller than 500gb though.

Optical drive- I am in need of two at the moment for another pc actually too. If is SATA and it can burn up to dvd-rw at a variety of rates, let me hear about it.

Input devices- anything that might work nice for an htpc. IE: remotes, those keyboard with trackpads integrated like what the Logitech revue uses, air mice, etc. Doesn't hurt to post, worst I can say is no.

Already have:
[strike]FM2 Motherboard- nothing fancy, itx, micro atx, and atx are all fine[/stirke] bought a fm1 biostar on newegg

[strike]FM2 Trinity cpu- anything a4-a10[/strike] bought an A6 fm1 quad

[strike]RAM- 4gb-32gb whatever you have i will be interested in.[/strike] Upgraded my gaming rig, so now I have that RAM.

[strike]Case- would like to hold off on a case until I get a motherboard, unless someone has a really good deal for me. Also does not have to be HTPC specific.[/strike]

Power Supply: [strike]this is what I'm going to buy last, because I would ideally like to do a pico system for effieceny, and I have a 430w corsair to determine if pico is feasible.
But if you have a pico or high quality 250w, post it up.[strike] I'm using a cx430w, but still interested in something small and efficient.

[strike]Video Card is not needed unless I don't use an apu.[/strike]

Thanks for your time!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
If you're interested in an HTPC case and don't mind doing a tiny bit of dremel work I have a good deal on full size case with a nice aluminum bezel. PM me if interested.

AEracer7

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
JonnyDough you have pm.
dharris replied.
tw23. Sorry I just updated my op to show that I am no longer in need of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.