Now THAT'S what I call a rare ring...

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:

> This just gambled by my level 80 ladder paladin:
>
> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/nicerarering.gif

That's a nice ring. Imagine that unspellable g-word here!

Of course, the real reason I'm posting is to hijack this ring thread
to gloat about my new ladder Stone of Jordan. (From a random boss in
Hell Andariel's lair.) It's very late here; I almost feel like the
Stone of Jordan doesn't really exist, since there's no one around to
hear me gloating!

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi,

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> This just gambled by my level 80 ladder paladin:
>
> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/nicerarering.gif

no picture, but think about this gambled rare ammu:

+1 Sorc skills
5% mana leech
30% poison res
level 2 Teleport (20 charges)

Somewhat useless for a sorc, but my Amazon loves it.

Regards,

Oliver

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:

>> This just gambled by my level 80 ladder paladin:
>>
>> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/nicerarering.gif

>That's a nice ring. Imagine that unspellable g-word here!

Wha-huh?

>Of course, the real reason I'm posting is to hijack this ring thread
>to gloat about my new ladder Stone of Jordan. (From a random boss in
>Hell Andariel's lair.) It's very late here; I almost feel like the
>Stone of Jordan doesn't really exist, since there's no one around to
>hear me gloating!

Woohoo! So long as it wasn't from an act boss, an SOJ is a wootage moment
(in fact, anything good that didn't come from an act boss is also a wootage
moment).

My best unique ring this season is a Dwarf Star. Hmph. Still, last game I
got some Titan's from Dark Elder for Clay's zon... (SU's are doing okay this
season... Beetleburst dropped an Arreats the other day), and a pair of
Marrowwalks from some boss in the Spider Forest, that even Ormus refused to
buy off me.

--
To battle!

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:

> Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>>Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:
>>That's a nice ring. Imagine that unspellable g-word here!
>
> Wha-huh?

The one that starts gong... oops, it starts with a c. I guess I just
again proved that it really is unspellable. Who the hell came up with
that word?!

>>Of course, the real reason I'm posting is to hijack this ring thread
>>to gloat about my new ladder Stone of Jordan. (From a random boss in
>>Hell Andariel's lair.) It's very late here; I almost feel like the
>>Stone of Jordan doesn't really exist, since there's no one around to
>>hear me gloating!
>
> Woohoo! So long as it wasn't from an act boss, an SOJ is a wootage moment
> (in fact, anything good that didn't come from an act boss is also a wootage
> moment).

Yes. I actually had *three* major wootage moments in a day: the SoJ, a
40 % MF Gheed's (but that was from an act boss while MFing, so not
such a great one) and a Redeemer while doing the book quest in Act III
Hell (this was a major wootage moment, because I still only have two
characters and one of them happens to be, surprise surprise, a smiter
and that is one of the *very* few super-uber smiter weapons) (it was
also a major mood-improving moment because I had been questing with a
10-year-old friend of mine and was feeling rather annoyed after dying
several times in attempts to recover his corpse from the various
interesting trouble spots he managed to create in the flayer jungle).

Those are really the *only* rare good things I've found, all in one
day's playing. I'm guessing they're about to rollback the realm.

Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> kirjoitti:

> Yes. I actually had *three* major wootage moments in a day: the SoJ, a
> 40 % MF Gheed's (but that was from an act boss while MFing, so not
> such a great one) and a Redeemer while doing the book quest in Act III
> Hell (this was a major wootage moment, because I still only have two
> characters and one of them happens to be, surprise surprise, a smiter
[...]
> Those are really the *only* rare good things I've found, all in one
> day's playing. I'm guessing they're about to rollback the realm.

Something like that.

I do a couple of runs and another Gheed's drops. I drop my old one in
town and bring the new one to Cain; it's 20 MF, the worst possible. I
throw it on the ground to pick it up with another char and head off to
kill some other boss to perm the game. Then, connection interrupted,
and, surprise surprise, it has saved my sorc wearing the 20 MF Gheed's;
the 40 MF Gheed's is gone. :-(

I'm never going to take that SoJ off!

In a parallel universe, Anti-rdude said exactly the opposite of:

> It's really that rare?

Rares are rarer than uniques since they get a random set of random stats.

> I found one quite a while ago, I think it was my (now) lvl 43 pally,
> found it back in the early days of 1.10? And I think he's still wearing
> it.

I also found some rare rings named havoc loop, but they all have
different stats, the name is random and has nothing to do with the stats.
You could find a 'havoc loop' ring with +15 AR, +1 Light radius, +3 cold
resist and nothing else.

*-) K.os

--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os wrote:

> In a parallel universe, Anti-rdude said exactly the opposite of:
>

>>It's really that rare?
>

> Rares are rarer than uniques since they get a random set of random stats.
>

>>I found one quite a while ago, I think it was my (now) lvl 43 pally,
>>found it back in the early days of 1.10? And I think he's still wearing
>>it.
>

> I also found some rare rings named havoc loop, but they all have
> different stats, the name is random and has nothing to do with the stats.
> You could find a 'havoc loop' ring with +15 AR, +1 Light radius, +3 cold
> resist and nothing else.
>
> *-) K.os

Well, yeah, I guess I shoulda thought that. But the one I have, I do
remember the 10% CB and life leech, although I don't remember the % on
that. And it had other stuff...
Haven't had a chance to fire up the game to look =c{

Jim