Father of the Xbox Leaves Microsoft, Leaves Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Interesting, as for my generation the opportunities are just not there at all any more.[/citation]
It is there. Just not everyone can be Bill Gates.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Nothing about the netbook in there... shame. too bad they aren't going with that idea. it looks like an ipad killer. and you can even write on it with a stylus. can't do that with an ipad.

invalid777

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
For all the crap that is heaped upon Microsoft it's tough for me to see through the corporate façade and realize that there are people working for the company just as I work for mine.

Others may decry what he said, but I see (whether I choose to see it or it's really there) someone whom loved his job, career and company and has finally decided to take that next step in life. His letter feels very sincere and genuine.

I guess I wish him luck.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I am not saying anything against the guy. But it took at least a second generation for those devices to become viable alternatives to what was already inplay. Too the xbox 360, and does anyone remember the brown pile that was the first zune?

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
meathead81, you should go back to sleep if this letter bored you.

In fact, shut your mind right down again like you did before you tried to read a letter with actual authentic meaning and useful information about changing work structure and how/why things get done, or maybe the wealth of important and real information made your little brain short out before you could comprehend a couple sentences.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Interesting, as for my generation the opportunities are just not there at all any more.[/citation]

Totally untrue! Look at what's happening in the SaaS space, for example. Tons of start-ups with exciting products being very successful. You just won't find these opportunities when you keep looking at traditional job descriptions and companies.

israil

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Still sounds to me like the sum of several differences of opinion has led to him leaving. He may not be storming out or was thrown out, but it sounds like he is a little fed up with how things are going at MSFT. Kudos to him for writing such a tasteful and inspiring letter though.

G

No tcp/ip in Win95 as part of a Bill Gates agreement with SCO to kill their word processor, spreadsheet, and database in exchange.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Wow first time I get -5 on here for not being an Apple fanboy. The idea he had of a netbook is excellent compared to apple's product. Go look up the tech video of it and you will see what I mean. I have used an ipad for an entire day and I am not impressed at all. Just a useless gadget.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Zune is about as dead as dead can be. Microsoft has dropped funding PC gaming some time ago. XBOX 360 took years before it started to realize any profit. Other ex-Microsoft executives have stated on record the inter-department fights for resources and attempts to get projects cancelled so their own project gets more resources/funding.

Ballmer is all about business, nothing else - in his world, worker ants are his target audience.

Sounds like Allard is cashing out while he can and gonna go spend some money on this thing called Life.

His escape letter was long winded, was it really necessary? Seems odd, or was this by request of Ballmer as Microsoft seemed to have a long list of "Dropped" unhappy execs going public.

Status
Not open for further replies.