Fast Track 378 with P4C 800 Deluxe

MarcasBakers

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2004
I just bough an Asus P4C 800 Deluxe motherboard, however, when I start my computer I get a "scanning for IDE drives" which last 5 seconds then I get the message "No drive affected to fast track controller. The BIOS is not installed". I looked in the bios about any FastTrack scan and I didn't found anything neither did I in my Asus user's manual. Anyone could help me out on how to disable this option or what I did wrong?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's an add-on controller chip they used, you can turn it off in BIOS. I forgot where, but I did that on my board too. The second BIOS is there for the add-on controller chip to find drives attached to it. Your drives are attached to the integrated controller.

I believe the controller is called a Promise controller in BIOS, but like I said, I can't remember. Just look around, you'll find it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>