Airlink+ AR315W DNS Problems

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I bought this Router/Wireless G AP/Switch from Electronic Fry's for
$24.99 no rebates. The wired side works very well, but the wireless side
seems to have DNS problems. It would take a long time to resolve a name
about every 10 min, sometimes it would not be able to resolve.
I looked on the airlinkplus website but they do not have a firmware out.
I searched on google but there was not very much about it. It uses
Marvell chipset, the same as in the linksys WRK54G. I was wondering if
anyone tried to flash this firmware in the airlink router. I have not
tried it because I am too scared to ruin the router.
Like I said it works just fine without the wireless.

Dave <ashkii22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<10m0s6vh1s67i70@corp.supernews.com>...
> I bought this Router/Wireless G AP/Switch from Electronic Fry's for
> $24.99 no rebates. The wired side works very well, but the wireless side
> seems to have DNS problems. It would take a long time to resolve a name
> about every 10 min, sometimes it would not be able to resolve.
> I looked on the airlinkplus website but they do not have a firmware out.
> I searched on google but there was not very much about it. It uses
> Marvell chipset, the same as in the linksys WRK54G. I was wondering if
> anyone tried to flash this firmware in the airlink router. I have not
> tried it because I am too scared to ruin the router.
> Like I said it works just fine without the wireless.

I am having problems with the wired connections. Instead of the real
DNS servers, 192.168.1.1 is showing up as the lone DNS server.

C:\>nslookup
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.1.1: Timed out
*** Default servers are not available
Default Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

> google.com