karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Hello, I own a Packard Bell Legend 3550. As some people may know, Packard Bell no longer exists in The United States therefore there is no place to download BIOS updates on their site if you live in America. Is there another pl;ace that I might be able to go to?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't know what board your PB uses, but it might be a standard part. The "best" Packard Bells used Intel OEM motherboards, and could often use Intel BIOS.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
It has stuff like VLSI on it.. Where would it say? Do you know?

pn is 890483
s/n is No97032100<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by karamazov on 03/17/04 07:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VLSI was a chipset maker a long time ago, long enough that it's possible your board might not support 64MB modules...but I still think there's something odd about those 64MB modules you bought.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
HP, Compaq, and IBM all had special modules available that won't work on standard boards, there's no way to fix that.