Soyo KT600 Dragon+ and Nvidia 5900?

Help! First time trying to build an AMD system. I bought a Soyo KT-600 Dragon Plus and an Nvidia 5900 Ultra. I also have a gig of Kingston ValueRam on Windows XP. I have a Soundblaster Live Value card that I transfered from my old system. Just got done downloading all the driver updates and the system locks everytime I launch a game. It runs apps just fine. I can play music all day, so I don't think it's the sound card. Will the KT-600 board run the higher end video cards or do I need to pick up something with more horsepower. My processor is a 3200+, if that makes a difference. If a dxdiag or something would help, let me know and I'll post one.
2 answers Last reply
More about soyo kt600 dragon nvidia 5900
  1. Got all the latest chipset drivers installed? Especially the AGP

Got DX9 installed?

Does DXdiag reflect that everythings OK, no problems ?

Barton 2500+
    Abit NF7-S v 2.0
    Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
    512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
    9600 Pro
    Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
    Win98SE
  2. Are you overclocking your CPU? There is no voltage setting in the bios for the +, only for the ultra... you may have to run your CPU at default settings until you discover the beauty of wire mods...

I bouth that board for a computer I built for my father-in-law last fall--before I saw the light and turncoated to the dark side of nForce2 and ABIT... but I did get his 2400+ running at 166x12.5=2075 at default Vcore...

OK, just read your entire post... is your PSU big enough?

<font color=red><b>The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.</b></font color=red>
    John Milton, <i>Paradise Lost</i>, Book II
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Soyo Nvidia