Syntax SV400 mb audio connection help please

Frintin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
I recently purchased some Logitech Z-640 speakers and need some help figuring out how to properly hook them up to my Syntax SV400 mb. The SV400 offers 6 channel sound and has the standard green/blue/pink connectors on the I/O for audio. There is also a bank of jumpers on the mb for configuring audio.

I have had a pair of regular desktop speakers hooked up working fine but have not hooked up the Logitech Z-640's yet because the cable has 3 connectors on it - a green, orange and black miniplug that needs to hook into the motherboard to get 5.1 sound.

Could use some help if anyone is using the same or near same configuration.

Frintin Rocks!

Frintin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
Any other Syntax SV400 users have experience with the onboard sound? If so could use the help!

Frintin Rocks!

endyen

Splendid
Did the board not come with a 5.1 header? The green goes to your normal speaker jack, the orange goes to the orange speaker jack, and the black goes to the black speaker jack. Better go find that header.

Frintin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
No audio header came with the mb. I cannot get rear speaker sound on the Z-640's using what the motherboard offers so I bought an Audigy 2 ZS. Still that does not offer any solution for using the mb's 6 channel sound. Syntax has lousy documentation and support, but seems to be a stable good running mb so far with an AMD 2600+.

If anyone else has experience with the Syntax boards post away!

Frintin Rocks!

pat

Expert
Ok...In sound properties, check if you can switch the input for line-in and mic to output for the extra speakers need with 5.1 sound.

From the manual I just downloaded.."It also has a built-in buffer and internal PLL. Features include support for analog switch for rear-out (share), the line-in jack (share), center/bass (share), and MIC jack to output 6 channels audio."

So, install the sound drivers, set the properties then give it a try.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!