PC gamepad help

aquicl

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I want to get a wireless game controller for my PC to play Racing, FPS and RPG games from distance.
I know that it sound silly to play FPS with a gamepad. I'm a mouse+keyboard lower tho, but I want some long distance wireless experience.

I'm considering Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
They also say that not much of games support it, but I hope to use a software for remapping keys. (is it a good Idea?)

There's also wireless XBOX360 controller for PC
They say it supports more games than the other one.
How many games does it support? Did anyone try to play any games with XBOX controller on PC?

Which one is better for these games:
GRID, NEED FOR SPEED series,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Left For Dead, Half Life Orange Box

isamuelson

Distinguished
I had the Logitech Dual Gamepad and I just found that it didn't work as great. I just recently purchased a wired Xbox360 controller and all I can say is, it is great. And, it appears games know when it's the XBox360 because it uses the actual button names (X, Y, A, B, etc) whereas on the Logitech Gamepad, it's 1,2,3,4 and I didn't always find them mapping correctly.

I'd say, get the XBox360 gamepad. It's definitely worth it. ARGH! This coming from a PC gamer! [:isamuelson:5]

aquicl

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

Does the XBOX controller do the Vibrating things when you get hit?

isamuelson

Distinguished

If the game itself uses force feedback, then yup, it works. I know with Batman: Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5 and GTA IV, it works just fine.