Sign in with
Your question

My xbox wont connect to xbox live

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
March 17, 2010 7:42:58 PM

i scan for networks and it finds mine i put in the correct passphgrase i then press be and it says networks settings have changed do you want to re test so i do and it just goes cannot connect to xbox live
March 21, 2010 6:01:27 AM

Connect directly to the modem

Try bypassing the router by connecting your console directly to the modem. This will help determine whether there's a problem with your router or something else on your network.

To connect your console directly to your modem (wired connection):

1. Find the Ethernet cable that runs between your console and the router.
2. Unplug the cable from the router, leaving it connected to the console.
3. Find the Ethernet cable that runs between the router and the modem.
4. Unplug the cable from the modem, and plug the cable from your console in its place.

To connect your console directly to your modem (wireless connection):

1. Unplug the USB connector for your adapter from the console. The adapter can remain attached to the console.
2. Plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of the console.
3. Find the Ethernet cable that runs between your router and the modem.
4. Unplug the cable from the modem, and plug the cable from your console in its place.

Try to connect to Xbox LIVE again. If it works, there may be an issue with your router. Confirm that you're using a compatible router, and make sure it has the latest updates from the manufacturer. If the problem persists, you may want to try a different router.
June 27, 2012 8:41:03 PM

Quote:
i scan for networks and it finds mine i put in the correct passphgrase i then press be and it says networks settings have changed do you want to re test so i do and it just goes cannot connect to xbox live

Should i trade in my xbox 360 for another one?
!