Metro 2033,,optimum performance..8gb ram?
So I see they are asking for 8gb of ram for optimum performance. I was going to buy my self 8gb of ram on my i7, until I read that I would get better performance for gaming and things of that nature if i bought 6 gb using tripple channel, since that's what the i7 works best on. I am thinking about upgrading to 8 gb, if I would get a performance boost, but if not, i'm content. Anyone have an answer or explanation?
Actually first time I saw a game publisher come right out and say this. Nice for one of them to finally give optimum requirements for best results instead of the usual BS.
Of course it's not needed. You can get yourself into a "norm" with what you have. .... and wouldn't putting 8gig in that i7 do away with the "tripple" channel mode ?.....???? ( 6gig )
Fresh in today.
Be warned, the game specs suggest some real modern computer beef to even get this one to run.
* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM
* Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
* DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
* 2GB RAM
* Core i7 CPU
* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
* Fast HDD or SSD :shock:
Enabling 3D Vision
Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
* A 120Hz (or above) monitor
* NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
* Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7