D-Link DI-624 drops connection

Hi everyone, about 2 weeks ago I started seeing Internet connection
dropping throughout the day.

I got a D-Link DI-624 wireless router with Cox as ISP using a Toshiba
cable modem.

I called D-Link and they got me to change the "Discard ping from WAN"
to "Enabled" and set "WAN select to 10/100" to "10Mbps". That didn't
work cuz I still get drops throughout the day.

When I get dropped, I have to log into my router and do the release
and renew and sometimes that seems to only work half the time. I know
for sure it's the wireless router cuz if I connect the cable modem
straight to my desktop the connection is fine.

If you have any suggestions be greatly appreciated!

--Jason

On 3 Oct 2004 22:12:33 -0700, srch_poppy@yahoo.com (Paul Marr) wrote:

>Hi everyone, about 2 weeks ago I started seeing Internet connection
>dropping throughout the day.
>
>I got a D-Link DI-624 wireless router with Cox as ISP using a Toshiba
>cable modem.
>
>I called D-Link and they got me to change the "Discard ping from WAN"
>to "Enabled" and set "WAN select to 10/100" to "10Mbps". That didn't
>work cuz I still get drops throughout the day.
>
>When I get dropped, I have to log into my router and do the release
>and renew and sometimes that seems to only work half the time. I know
>for sure it's the wireless router cuz if I connect the cable modem
>straight to my desktop the connection is fine.
>
>If you have any suggestions be greatly appreciated!

Sure. I'll assume you have Windoze XP Home or Pro.
1. Disable 802.1x.
2. Disable the "power save" feature on your unspecified wireless
router.
3. Disable Super-G Turbot mode in the DI-624.

http://support.dlink.com/techtool/di624/emulator/adv_perform_11g.html
4. Do you see other networks on your laptop? If so, find a channel
(1, 6, or 11) that they're NOT using.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

aight. Imma try it and watch it a few days. thanks.

and I like the humor. Windoze, haha.

On 5 Oct 2004 00:19:10 -0700, srch_poppy@yahoo.com (Paul Marr) wrote:

>aight. Imma try it and watch it a few days. thanks.
>and I like the humor. Windoze, haha.

It's not original, although I was one of the first to use it.
Type Windoze into Google and it shows 278,000 hits.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

Hi
I have a d-link di-624+ router and it drops connection throughout the
day. I am using firmware 2.03. The screen shots on the link below are
not the same as what i have (i am based in the uk)
Can you tell me how to stop it dropping my internet connection.

Thanks
Runge

Hi. I am using di-624+, and it also drops my connection intermittingly
through out the day. I have just setup voice over broadband and its
very fustrating. im not sure what the difference between your 624 and
my 624+ but the screen shots on your link above do not match mine.
can you please give me step by step instructions on how to disable the
802.1x, power save, and disable super-g

Thanks

Had the same router doing the same thing, returned it to manufacturer
as defective unit. New unit never misses a beat.