Solved

Is my pc good for bfbc2, metro 2033 and those kinds of games?

i got an xfx 9800 gt OC (has the same clock speeds as an GTX), intel E7400 2.8ghz, 4 gigs of RAM, corsair 650w psu, MY FPS ON CRYSIS ARE THE FOLLOWING: min fps 20, avg 32 and max 40.

playing at the following settings:

resolution at 1680x1050, everything on high- very high. if i put eveeything at high i get more FPS.

i was wondering if my pc could handle metro 2033, battlefield bad company 2, mass effect 2, bioshock 2, and all those good graphics games without problems and good FPS.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good bfbc2 metro 2033 kinds games
  1. I don't know about BFBC2, Metro 2033, or Bioshock 2 but your system will trounce Mass Effect 2.

Someone else might know better about the other games.
  2. Best answer
    BFBC2 is very scalable. It is DX9,10,&11. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it will run at DX10. You will have no issues, but will have to monkey with the settings to get what is right for you. I have a feeling you will run at Medium, with AA and AF set moderately.

I have heard that some Nvidia cards or drivers have a slight shuddering problem with BC2. Two of my buddies have this issue and they are using a GTX 285 and GTX 260, both the same issue. Not sure if Nvidia will address this in a driver update or if the game will have a patch for this. I'm sure it will be corrected though.

The game DOES like CPU though. But you will be fine. If you have a fast processor it will use it though.
  3. jay2tall said:
    BFBC2 is very scalable. It is DX9,10,&11. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it will run at DX10. You will have no issues, but will have to monkey with the settings to get what is right for you. I have a feeling you will run at Medium, with AA and AF set moderately.

I have heard that some Nvidia cards or drivers have a slight shuddering problem with BC2. Two of my buddies have this issue and they are using a GTX 285 and GTX 260, both the same issue. Not sure if Nvidia will address this in a driver update or if the game will have a patch for this. I'm sure it will be corrected though.

The game DOES like CPU though. But you will be fine. If you have a fast processor it will use it though.

ok, thx , i just oced my cpu to 3.2ghz and just finished downloading bad company 2, it runs really nice at high settings, no slow downs. im getting metro in a few days, i think i will be able to run it with high settings, no AA with good FPS. im looking to buy a new graphics cards but ill wait a bit longer with that card because i bought it for christmas, haha, thx for answering.
  4. Best answer selected by megagabobe1.
  5. Metro 2033 demands way more to run on high settings than BC2 does.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games FPS Video Games