Is my pc good for bfbc2, metro 2033 and those kinds of games?

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
i got an xfx 9800 gt OC (has the same clock speeds as an GTX), intel E7400 2.8ghz, 4 gigs of RAM, corsair 650w psu, MY FPS ON CRYSIS ARE THE FOLLOWING: min fps 20, avg 32 and max 40.

playing at the following settings:

resolution at 1680x1050, everything on high- very high. if i put eveeything at high i get more FPS.

i was wondering if my pc could handle metro 2033, battlefield bad company 2, mass effect 2, bioshock 2, and all those good graphics games without problems and good FPS.

Solution
BFBC2 is very scalable. It is DX9,10,&11. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it will run at DX10. You will have no issues, but will have to monkey with the settings to get what is right for you. I have a feeling you will run at Medium, with AA and AF set moderately.

I have heard that some Nvidia cards or drivers have a slight shuddering problem with BC2. Two of my buddies have this issue and they are using a GTX 285 and GTX 260, both the same issue. Not sure if Nvidia will address this in a driver update or if the game will have a patch for this. I'm sure it will be corrected though.

The game DOES like CPU though. But you will be fine. If you have a fast processor it will use it though.
BFBC2 is very scalable. It is DX9,10,&11. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it will run at DX10. You will have no issues, but will have to monkey with the settings to get what is right for you. I have a feeling you will run at Medium, with AA and AF set moderately.

I have heard that some Nvidia cards or drivers have a slight shuddering problem with BC2. Two of my buddies have this issue and they are using a GTX 285 and GTX 260, both the same issue. Not sure if Nvidia will address this in a driver update or if the game will have a patch for this. I'm sure it will be corrected though.

The game DOES like CPU though. But you will be fine. If you have a fast processor it will use it though.

Solution

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

ok, thx , i just oced my cpu to 3.2ghz and just finished downloading bad company 2, it runs really nice at high settings, no slow downs. im getting metro in a few days, i think i will be able to run it with high settings, no AA with good FPS. im looking to buy a new graphics cards but ill wait a bit longer with that card because i bought it for christmas, haha, thx for answering.