Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Jabber's next build

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:13:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

He made the IK Sorc I thought up, so now he can make this one too. It
seems like his sort of build.

Behold, I give you the enchantomancer! ; )

Full Trangs set give a necromancer Fire Mastery, which as everyone
knows, boosts fire damage on weapons. So, the Necro enchants using a
demon limb most likely, then switches to a different weapon. As the
full set includes a shield, it means he's going to have to melee. So
he'll want a weapon that also starts off with a lot of fire damage,
though a weapon with lesser fire damage but better other mods might be
the better idea. Maybe give a passion phase blade a go and become an
Enchantomazealer? ; )
Not being able to use a bow with explosive arrows/bolts is a pity as
that's a good way to increase your damage.
So, lots of of +skills to beef up his fire mastery, passion weapon for
zeal and maybe see if you can't fit a decent amount of crushing blow in
as well.
Hmm, you'd probably go a fully synergised bone armor, though that would
just about make him a bonemancer, though you could still not play him
as such except for dealing with fire immunes.
That gives me a thought though. Corpse explosion does fire damage.
Would the fire mastery from Full trangs increase it?
Oh yeah, max or put enough points in lower resist so that it's most
effective. Isn't there something about monsters not being able to go
below -100% resist? I think I recall something along those lines for a
sorcs cold mastery which made it pointless to get it over a certain
level.

Anyway, maybe lower resist, corpse explosion, and some other curses
like attract as crowd control, possibly a big bone wall for additional
crowd control? Make him less a boner.

Getting tempted to try this out myself off-ladder as I could probably
come up with most of the equipment I'd want. Have got full trangs, and
I recall seeing a demon limb while looking through mules for stuff to
give away. Don't have a passion phaseblade but that's not a ladder
only runeword I don't think, and I do have 4 socket phaseblades and
probably all the required runes already.

I'd have to experiment, but it doesn't look like firemastery buffs up
enchant charges. At least, my fireball sorc using a demon's limb to
enchant a newbie only gave them around 100-200 fire damage. Enough for
normal cows in a full game just, but I would have expected more if the
firemastery was doing anything useful. Still, with the fire mastery on
the necro, it could still get to an okay total.

Might have trouble in hell, but it's sounding fun so far. : )

--
Ashen Shugar

More about : jabber build

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:25:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ashen Shugar wrote:
> He made the IK Sorc I thought up, so now he can make this one too. It
> seems like his sort of build.
>
> Behold, I give you the enchantomancer! ; )
<snip>

I think you may have some troubles. Demon Limb has lvl 23 Enchant
charges. Even with a lvl 20 Fire Mastery, the fire damage is only ~
250-320. I don't think that will cut it. Especially as you need to be
lvl 63 to use the Demon Limb and level 65 for the Trang Fire Mastery to
kick in.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:48:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Well, that would then be increased in a manner from the max lower
resist.

Rushing a character to 65 isn't that hard to do. Well, not for me with
2 computers so I can run my own baal runs.

And any fire damage from other sources besides the enchant would also
be increased by the fire mastery.

But of course there's going to be troubles! What would be the point
otherwise??

--
Ashen Shugar
Related resources
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 4:45:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ashen Shugar wrote:
> Well, that would then be increased in a manner from the max lower
> resist.

And you should therefore probably get a Conviction merc too. Max lower
resists will get you -65% which really isnt that much as a lot of
monsters have some fire resist.

> Rushing a character to 65 isn't that hard to do. Well, not for me with
> 2 computers so I can run my own baal runs.

I was actually more referring to the fact that you would probably be in
late nm where each monster has some inherent resist and considerably
higher hit points.

> And any fire damage from other sources besides the enchant would also
> be increased by the fire mastery.

True but how are you going to get other sources of fire damage? Most
equipment slots are taken by the set. :) 

> But of course there's going to be troubles! What would be the point
> otherwise??

hehe I know. I was just outlining some of the struggles you might have.
I actually overestimated the damage too. With a lvl 23 chant, lvl 20 FM
you do under 300 dmg. With a more realistic FM, you obviously do a bit
less. I guess the max FM you will have (without Barb or shrines) would
be the 3 from set and +2 all from ammy. All other slots for +skills are
taken by the set.

23 Chant, 10 FM: 167-214
23 Chant, 5 FM: 137-175

That's gonna be tough. Good Luck Jabber.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:16:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

chaliban wrote:
> Ashen Shugar wrote:
> > But of course there's going to be troubles! What would be the point
> > otherwise??
>
> hehe I know. I was just outlining some of the struggles you might have.
> I actually overestimated the damage too. With a lvl 23 chant, lvl 20 FM
> you do under 300 dmg. With a more realistic FM, you obviously do a bit
> less. I guess the max FM you will have (without Barb or shrines) would
> be the 3 from set and +2 all from ammy. All other slots for +skills are
> taken by the set.
>
> 23 Chant, 10 FM: 167-214
> 23 Chant, 5 FM: 137-175
>
> That's gonna be tough. Good Luck Jabber.

Well, add in 2 Soj or BK rings and an Anni for another +3 skills.

Could possibly try using a djinn slayer socketed with fire damage
jewels.
Add in a bunch of fire damage sc's. Or maybe socket the Djinn Slayer
with a couple of Ber's for crushing blow?
Or a Hexfire. The +3 fire skill will boost the firemastery, It's got
some inherent fire damage plus it has ignores target defense which
would be very useful I'll bet. Up it to an elegant blade for a bit
more physical damage as well.

Probably wouldn't be able to get out of act1 hell, but it'd have to win
points just for style. ; )

--
Ashen Shugar
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:44:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> kirjoitti:

> I'd have to experiment, but it doesn't look like firemastery buffs up
> enchant charges. At least, my fireball sorc using a demon's limb to
> enchant a newbie only gave them around 100-200 fire damage. Enough for
> normal cows in a full game just, but I would have expected more if the
> firemastery was doing anything useful. Still, with the fire mastery on
> the necro, it could still get to an okay total.

IIRC Fire Mastery helps all fire damage that you do *with* the char,
but not Enchant damage directly. So, when you enchant people, they get
x points extra fire damage; if they also happen to be sorcs, they get
x * (their Fire Mastery bonus) points extra fire damage. That's why
others get a smaller damage boost than the enchantress herself (and
that's why Fire Mastery does nothing for a booster enchantress).

It's been a long time since I toyed with an enchantress, so I may not
remember it right - but testing it should be easy by checking how much
that DL adds damage when you enchant the fireball sorc herself.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 6:37:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> kirjoitti:
>
>> I'd have to experiment, but it doesn't look like firemastery buffs up
>> enchant charges. At least, my fireball sorc using a demon's limb to
>> enchant a newbie only gave them around 100-200 fire damage. Enough for
>> normal cows in a full game just, but I would have expected more if the
>> firemastery was doing anything useful. Still, with the fire mastery on
>> the necro, it could still get to an okay total.
>
>IIRC Fire Mastery helps all fire damage that you do *with* the char,
>but not Enchant damage directly. So, when you enchant people, they get
>x points extra fire damage; if they also happen to be sorcs, they get
>x * (their Fire Mastery bonus) points extra fire damage. That's why
>others get a smaller damage boost than the enchantress herself (and
>that's why Fire Mastery does nothing for a booster enchantress).
>
>It's been a long time since I toyed with an enchantress, so I may not
>remember it right - but testing it should be easy by checking how much
>that DL adds damage when you enchant the fireball sorc herself.

On an enchantress, the fire mastery makes the enchant more powerful.
So this is good no matter who it's cast on. Cast on herself, her
firemastery then effects all fire damage on her weapon, including the
fire damage put there by the enchant.
I'm guessing that enchant using charges doesn't get the first bonus
from having fire mastery, but the character will still get the second
bonus on all the fire damage on their weapon.


Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
!