Samsung A650 or LG VX-4500?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Currently have an LG VX-4400. Need a new phone. A little afraid about
losing analogue, but I guess if I have that many problems in the first
15 days, I can return and get LG VX-3200.

For those of you who have had experience with both the VX-4500
(speakerphone might come in handy) and/or Samsung A650 ... which do you
recommend?

Signal strenth is important to me. Although I'm in the NY Metro area, I
find that I do get frequent calls dropping on the VX-4400. Not sure if
that's because there's something wrong with it or not ... don't think
it's always been this way.

Larry E.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Larry" <Larry@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Currently have an LG VX-4400. Need a new phone. A little afraid about
> losing analogue, but I guess if I have that many problems in the first
> 15 days, I can return and get LG VX-3200.
>
> For those of you who have had experience with both the VX-4500
> (speakerphone might come in handy) and/or Samsung A650 ... which do you
> recommend?
>
> Signal strenth is important to me. Although I'm in the NY Metro area, I
> find that I do get frequent calls dropping on the VX-4400. Not sure if
> that's because there's something wrong with it or not ... don't think
> it's always been this way.
>
> Larry E.

I upgraded from a vx4400 to a 4500 about 2 months ago. The phone performs
well and the speakerphone also works well. I though about never using the
nalog on the 4400 so I didn't see a problem going to the 4500. I used the
vx4500 in NYC on a number of occasions and it performed well.

i have the 4500 and it is great. i love the speakerphone for the car... the
only thing is that in my immediate area i get alot of dropped calls. fine
when i am on the road though.

brian s.

"Larry" <Larry@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Currently have an LG VX-4400. Need a new phone. A little afraid about
> losing analogue, but I guess if I have that many problems in the first
> 15 days, I can return and get LG VX-3200.
>
> For those of you who have had experience with both the VX-4500
> (speakerphone might come in handy) and/or Samsung A650 ... which do you
> recommend?
>
> Signal strenth is important to me. Although I'm in the NY Metro area, I
> find that I do get frequent calls dropping on the VX-4400. Not sure if
> that's because there's something wrong with it or not ... don't think
> it's always been this way.
>
> Larry E.

Jessica

We just got the a650. My huddy didnt want to loose analog, becuase we
travel up north and off the interstates.

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> i have the 4500 and it is great. i love the speakerphone for the car...
the
> only thing is that in my immediate area i get alot of dropped calls. fine
> when i am on the road though.
>
> brian s.
>
> "Larry" <Larry@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Currently have an LG VX-4400. Need a new phone. A little afraid about
> > losing analogue, but I guess if I have that many problems in the first
> > 15 days, I can return and get LG VX-3200.
> >
> > For those of you who have had experience with both the VX-4500
> > (speakerphone might come in handy) and/or Samsung A650 ... which do you
> > recommend?
> >
> > Signal strenth is important to me. Although I'm in the NY Metro area, I
> > find that I do get frequent calls dropping on the VX-4400. Not sure if
> > that's because there's something wrong with it or not ... don't think
> > it's always been this way.
> >
> > Larry E.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OK ... what about bringing one more choice into this? Since there seems
to be much preference towards LG, the VX-3200 is a tri-mode phone with
speakerphone. That would level the playing field in terms of analogue
(but you forego GET IT NOW and Internet support).

Thoughts on these options?

Larry E.

Jessica wrote:
> We just got the a650. My huddy didnt want to loose analog, becuase we
> travel up north and off the interstates.

> "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>i have the 4500 and it is great. i love the speakerphone for the car...
>
> the
>
>>only thing is that in my immediate area i get alot of dropped calls. fine
>>when i am on the road though.
>>
>>brian s.
>>
>>"Larry" <Larry@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Currently have an LG VX-4400. Need a new phone. A little afraid about
>>>losing analogue, but I guess if I have that many problems in the first
>>>15 days, I can return and get LG VX-3200.
>>>
>>>For those of you who have had experience with both the VX-4500
>>>(speakerphone might come in handy) and/or Samsung A650 ... which do you
>>>recommend?
>>>
>>>Signal strenth is important to me. Although I'm in the NY Metro area, I
>>>find that I do get frequent calls dropping on the VX-4400. Not sure if
>>>that's because there's something wrong with it or not ... don't think
>>>it's always been this way.
>>>
>>>Larry E.

Paul

Splendid

We travel quite a bit nationally and think for signal strength/dropped
calls, the VX4500 is rather poor. Side by side, my A650 performs much
better in the signal strength dept. A friend with VZW and a new VX6000
is very unhappy with signal quality compared to his old Kyocera.

If you search this NG, you should find several recent messages from other
4500 users complaining about poor reception and firmware upgrades that
attempt to fix the issue.

-- Paul