AT form factor p3 or p4 ?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Is there such a beast?? where and by whom ?

TIA

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Could you explain in a little more detail what you're asking? Why an AT form factor for p3 or p4.

I beleive the form factor had switched to ATX (from AT) well prior to the advent of the p3

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
because I have an old at case I want to use

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
no such P4 animal exists, the closest is a socket 370 for P3 chips, you can find them on ebay.

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
here is the item number on ebay, check it out, not bad for the money, like 30 bucks plus shipping....item number 3470180727

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The ABSOLUTE BEST AT motherboard EVER produced was the Asus P2B-B. There are a few people who actually understand this, and the boards are not that common, so they tend to be priced kind of high.

I tested one extensively, I used to sell them. They support bus speeds up to 150MHz stabley and support ALL PIII processors.

They are Slot 1 and work perfectly with the Upgradeware Slot-T adapter, which cost only $20. The Slot-T allows you to use ANY Tualatin core processor.

Early BIOS had a problem with CPU multipliers over 10x. BIOS revision 1014 corrects that issue and adds support for HUGE hard drives.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Holy shite! You would definately be a great help for me taking the A+ exam, since i'm not too great at memorizing shite.
All that information locked up in your head, i wish you could download it into a thumb drive and slap it in mine for a day.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1820114224" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1820114224</A>
46,400 , movin on up. 48k new goal.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually I memorize best by...doing. Most of the things I talk about I'm experienced with.

I'm also a degreed mechanical designer with an automotive specialty, a mechanic, maintenance mechanic, welder, machinist, carpenter, trained auto body tech, etc etc etc.

Looking for a job in my degree, I work with SDRC I-Deas (Ford C3P) and Solidworks, any leads?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
All that information locked up in your head, i wish you could download it into a thumb drive and slap it in mine for a day.
You'd need something much larger than a thumb drive.

On the other hand, if you wanted to download all of my knowlege you could use a thumb drive and still have room for a few mp3's! :lol:

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Lol! yea it just popped into my head pretty quick there.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623</A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Damn man , you are great with it all. I'm somewhat like that, i love to dabble in a bit of everything, i love to learn how things work, but obviously you did a lot more than dabble. :)

I live in Michigan , Detroit area, and as of now it's fairly slow job wise. Specially with the whole auto industry as i'm sure you are aware of.
Although it has been picking up.(But I do have connections everywhere, so i'll let you in on something if i hear anything)

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623</A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, I get trapped into things. When I was 8 I hit a curb and dented my rim, so I went to the bike shop, got some outrageous replacement price, took the thing home and hammered it back into shape, then trued the rim. Got into the bike hobby and opened a shop when I was 12, servicing other kids in the BMX racing sceen. So I became an expert by accident. Then I got into motorcycles at 15, because I got a deal "too good to pass up" on my $40 dirt bike. I had to fix a few things there, started rebuilding them, sold my bike shop out and started doing motorcycle repairs for the local motocross sceen. Built myself some damn nice scramble bikes out of junk. Even got myself a reputation in repair and modification in that area.

Took a welding course, won a competition.

Went to a university/trade school for auto body, dropped out after my first year, went back later and used my good grades from that place to get into a better school.

Bought a computer and fried the video card tuning the monitor (zapped myself fairly good too). Started replacing parts as they failed, building systems, buying surplus from the university, started a refurb business.

About 1000 systems later the market fell out.

See, I'm an expert of many trades and a jack of a few more. All by accident.