Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD
I'm selling my 7970, again. I had it listed on eBay and the buyer claimed it was damaged in shipping. He sent me a picture of it and the slot plate had a slight bend in it. I coached him through straightening it and then he said the PC wouldn't boot with the card installed. So he sent it back, I refunded him. I'm pretty sure he made the damaged item claim up, and tried to flash the BIOS on this card and failed, bricking the card. But he wasn't smart enough to know that there is a dual BIOS switch on the card. When I got the card back I flipped the BIOS switch and it was operational. Used another GPU to reflash the corrupted BIOS and it is now 100% functional. I will never sell to anyone on eBay again. I am only selling to people that understand how to use PC components.

The card is in decent condition, I have taken it apart on more than one occasion, I did this to all my GPUs, and installed some higher quality TIM on the core. This reduced temps by about 13C on load. It is a reference design card, Visiontek 3GB 7970.

I'm looking for $285 OBO, I want this card gone. I also want a browsing laptop for my 60 year old mother so it doesn't have to be flashy. PM me if interested. I'm going to use my original pictures because I'm currently using the card in Crossfire.

Here is a GPUz Validation:
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/7b4fr/

7970GPUz_zpsa5a40e12.jpg

2012-12-22_22-32-54_241.jpg

2012-12-22_22-33-28_625.jpg

2012-12-22_22-33-50_837.jpg

bluebarracuda

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I have sold all of my PC parts on eBay without a problem, but my biggest fear were my parts being sold to some idiot that would mess them up and say they were defected.

Now I have to go knock on wood!

ckholt83

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
That's bizarre, the 5870 that I bought from you also had the slot tabs at the bottom of the bracket bent upwards, but I just grabbed some pliers and straightened those suckers out enough to socket and the card runs great.

$285 is a great price for a 7970, good luck with the sale!

Hmm, I need to package the cards better around that plate it seems. Maybe a box within a box. Although the 7970 was inside its original box, inside another box with lots of bubblewrap, and even when the guy sent it back to me it was bent again but the metal is so flimsy I just bent it with my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.