STABILITY: 108X vs. 125X Routers

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Both DLINK (DI-624) and NETGEAR (WGT624) have 108X routers built with
ATHEROS 108X chipsets. Both of them seem to exhibit line dropping and
stability problems. Also, even running in 54G mode seems to be a stability
problem with 108X routers.

What is the collective experience, regards stability and solid line
connections, using the 125X chipsets?

AS AN ASIDE, CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS QUESTION?

I can buy the new 108X BELKIN F5D7231-4 for a great introductory price.
Also, the DLINK DI-624 is on sale. WHich on?

http://tinyurl.com/56ht7

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Gary" <GParent@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

CORRECTION: 125X BELKIN

AS AN ASIDE, CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS QUESTION?

I can buy the new 125X BELKIN F5D7231-4 for a great introductory price.
Also, the DLINK DI-624 is on sale. WHich on?

http://tinyurl.com/56ht7

Buy whichever one most tweaks your fancy. Don't worry over a few bucks. If
you worried over your choice of girl friends based on features, looks &
reliability, you probably would never be happy - just enjoy what you get.

Everytime I buy something wifi on a great sale they come out with a
technologically newer/greater replacement in a month or so, and I end up
with an old buggy discontinued thing.

"Gary" <GParent@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Both DLINK (DI-624) and NETGEAR (WGT624) have 108X routers built with
> ATHEROS 108X chipsets. Both of them seem to exhibit line dropping and
> stability problems. Also, even running in 54G mode seems to be a stability
> problem with 108X routers.
>
> What is the collective experience, regards stability and solid line
> connections, using the 125X chipsets?

> AS AN ASIDE, CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS QUESTION?
>
> I can buy the new 108X BELKIN F5D7231-4 for a great introductory price.
> Also, the DLINK DI-624 is on sale. WHich on?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/56ht7

I am currently using the D-LINK DI-624 (rev C) wireless router and I am
not experiencing any problems whatsoever. Instead of using D-Link's own
108mb wireless card, I am using Netgear's WG511T. Together, they work
flawlessly and the 108mb transfer rate is almost constant. My network is
very stable. As for 125mb transfer rates, I have yet to experiment with
such products.

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:50:35 GMT, Gary wrote:

> Both DLINK (DI-624) and NETGEAR (WGT624) have 108X routers built with
> ATHEROS 108X chipsets. Both of them seem to exhibit line dropping and
> stability problems. Also, even running in 54G mode seems to be a stability
> problem with 108X routers.

My Netgear 624 has been very stable for me. Using the latest firmware.