johnnyboy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2004
I accidentally disabled the onboard video memory for my mobo, so I couldn't even go into Setup to change the settings (because with out the memory, nothing appeared on my monitor). Someone tells me to clear my bios, so I get the mobo docs online and then play with the jumpers. Trouble is, nothing happens no matter how I have the jumper set. Is there something I'm not doing?

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
When you have identified the correct jumper to clear the CMOS, unplug your computer, move the jumper to the "clear" position. Leave it in that position for a few minutes. Afterward, move the jumper back into the regular position, then plug in the pc and you should be good to go.

If it's really stubborn, unplug pc and remove the CMOS battery (looks like little round watch battery. Then let it sit for a while (on a really stubborn rig I had pushed too far in OCing, I had to leave it overnight) Reinsert the battery, plug in the pc and give it a go.

Good Luck

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Maybe you could borrow a friends video card? Or buy a really cheap one...

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?michael:)" target="_new"> You Want To Click Me, Go Ahead:) </A>

Mr_Nuke

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2004
Removing the battery doesn't works, unless you keep it out for long periods of time, while keeping the CMOS jumper to Clear for a few seconds, AND THEN SETTING IT BACK TO KEEP works instantly.