karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Some child devices say that my child devieces are running in reg mode and compatibilty mode so the computer was halted so stop errors... I've tried to re-install the operating system and stuff, but it doesnt work. I need help

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're having driver or resource issues, what OS are you using? You probably don't have all the drivers loaded for your devices.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
ITs a fresh new copy of Windows 98. For some reason though, it wont detect my cd-rom

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Of course it won't detect a drive that's connected to a third party controller for which no driver is loaded. Download and install ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/ide/cmd648.zip and get back to me. It's a zip file, I'll assume you have winzip or some other zip tool.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>