reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it ..

reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it is set at .
It is working routing traffic, But I cant find web interface for it
Is there anyway to resolve IP using MAC ?
any ideas?
5 answers Last reply
More about reset button linksys router broke find

    I think the default inside IP address is 192.168.1.1
    Try it.

    If not, do you have a manual?
    If not, look on the Linksys web site.

    --
    Bob Alston

    bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
    "Yea" <yep@hereok.ok> wrote in message
    > reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it is set at .
    > It is working routing traffic, But I cant find web interface for it
    > Is there anyway to resolve IP using MAC ?
    > any ideas?

    ---

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:51:20 -0400, Yea spoketh

    >reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it is set at .
    >It is working routing traffic, But I cant find web interface for it
    >Is there anyway to resolve IP using MAC ?
    >any ideas?

    If it's been reset, and you're using DHCP, then the IP address of the
    DHCP server listed when doing an "ipconfig /all" would be the IP address
    of the router. If it actually routes traffic between you and the
    internet, it would also be the "default gateway" listed when doing an
    "ipconfig /all".

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net

    Yea <yep@hereok.ok> wrote:
    >reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it is set at .
    >It is working routing traffic, But I cant find web interface for it

    Are you sure it's broken off? The button is a little tiny thing far
    back behind the hole....

    Hook up a computer, open a DOS prompt, say "ipconfig/all" and see what
    your gateway is, and use that in your browser to find the Web
    interface.

    Maybe you have similar problem to mine?

    Look in google.com or on this news group by topic "Linksys BEFW11S4 is dead
    after changing the WEP key".

    Mark

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:51:20 -0400, Yea <yep@hereok.ok> wrote:

    >reset button on linksys router broke off. Cant find ip it is set at .
    >It is working routing traffic, But I cant find web interface for it
    >Is there anyway to resolve IP using MAC ?
    >any ideas?

    Try 192.168.1.1 If that doesn't work, open up the router and apply a
    paper clip to the contacts on what remains of the switch. Remove the
    black rubber feet from the bottom of the router. There are some
    screws underneath. Remove those. The box should come apart. You'll
    need to hold the paper clip on the contacts for about 15-30 seconds to
    do an effective reset. The reset switches are commonly available from
    Digikey or Mouser but some expertise will be required to do the
    soldering. After you replace the switch, I suggest you abandon the
    hammer and nail method of depressing the reset button, and use
    something less destructive, such as a toothpick or paper clip.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

IP Linksys Routers Wireless Networking