VX4500 1xrt speed test result

I did a speed test from dslreports.com with my laptop connected to my VX4500
on Verizon's 1xrt network. I got this result 43k down and 20k up. Tested
at 10:54PM Central US time. I was at home where the signal strength was
only at 61% and battery strength was at 75% (this figures according to the
Quicklink Mobile). Note that Venturi was aff during this test.

With Venturi on, download was 53k and upload was a whopping 213k! I was
amazed looking at the animated tornado Venturi icon in the taskbar. I
re-did the test because I couldn't believe the 213k upload. The result of
the re-test was 111k download and only 49 up. The opposite! I don't trust
the test results. But my conclusion, with Venturi, download/upload
throughput is boosted.

C C wrote:
> I did a speed test from dslreports.com with my laptop connected to my VX4500
> on Verizon's 1xrt network. I got this result 43k down and 20k up. Tested
> at 10:54PM Central US time. I was at home where the signal strength was
> only at 61% and battery strength was at 75% (this figures according to the
> Quicklink Mobile). Note that Venturi was aff during this test.
>
> With Venturi on, download was 53k and upload was a whopping 213k! I was
> amazed looking at the animated tornado Venturi icon in the taskbar. I
> re-did the test because I couldn't believe the 213k upload. The result of
> the re-test was 111k download and only 49 up. The opposite! I don't trust
> the test results. But my conclusion, with Venturi, download/upload
> throughput is boosted.

Your speeds results will also increase if you do not clear your cache
files. Make sure nothing else is accessing your internet connection.
Every little use of bandwith has an effect. Close all applications or
tempariarly disable such as AntiVirus Updates, Firewall, Instant
Messanging programs, Emails, etc... You also have to remember that you
can only compress data to a certain extent. You can't Arj a Zip, or
ZIP a ARJ file. Doing uploads and downloads of large data is almost
pointless in my experince over a cell. On some cases I have had better
download speeds over the cell then dialup. It also depends on your
location, network usage, time of day etc...

Step One
You should clear your cache, internet temp files, and cookies for best
results.

1. DSL Reports
www.dslreports.com

2. Toast
www.toast.net

3. Cincinnati U
http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~annexste/speed100.html

4. McAfee Speed Test
http://us.mcafee.com/root/genericURL_genericLeftNav.asp?genericURL=/root/speedometer/default.asp&genericLeftNav=/en-us/wrapper/catalog_nav.asp

Step Two
Clean your cache, history files, etc.., turn on Venturi Compression
visit sites in step one. Of course this is not perfect either, but will
give you a better idea of what is going on.

Danny

--
E-Mail Address:

[akronchum] [at] [msn [dot] [com]

Remove the []
Change
[at] = @
[dot] = .
(Feel free to add the below to *your* sig. All laws mentioned have been
Verified.)
Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial email WILL be
charged a $100 proof-reading fee. I WILL take legal action. Consider
this an official notice:
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec. 227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
Sec. 227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss,
or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation."
****To reply indicates consent to the above conditions.****

TRENDING THREADS